Looking for the king of mini monitors under $1500

Hello,

I am looking for a list of the best mini-monitors under $1500 USD new or used.
I am moving my main system into my bedroom, so I need a speaker that does not take tons of room, and can work well in most setups.

I have a few ideas in mind, but I would like to hear yours.
The speaker must be musically evolving first and foremost.
No speakers with glaring errors need apply.

Please let me know what you think I should listen to as well as WHY.

Thanks
Nick
nickway
Yesterday I listened to a pair of Vienna Acoustics Grand Haydn with Musical Fidelity a3.5 integrated and cd player. The build quality and beautiful veneer finish is immediately noticeable. They use a soft dome tweeter with a new designed front port. It is my understanding they have been recently released. The sound was, as you expressed, "musically involving" to say the least. I have been looking for a pair of monitors about the physical size of the Haydn's. They are certainly on my short list. I would highly recommend you listen to them.
Spendor S3/5 SE. Bought them for my bedroom system when they came out and the more I live with them the more I love them. Every day I find some new positive attribute -- this morning it was admiring the bass the little suckers put out. Not the deepest, but clear and tight.

Neal
You'll probably think I'm nuts, but the Polk Audio LSi9's are probably more musical then the bulk of what's been posted. I however have not heard everything posted in this forum. If you're cool with having a "polk audio" speaker then I'd strongly suggest you listen. This is like no other polk apeaker you've probably heard.