Jadis Fidelity

Somebody can tell me we do not see too many Jadis product on Audiogon? What do I have to expect(buy or sell) for a Jadis 100 (E34 Tubes) ? Do Jadis people keep their gears longer?
odiomuse
Trelja, strangely enough meth works, especially for those nasty fingerprints, which sometimes are so hard to remove. Your caveat about brass polish is dead to the point. It will ruin the gold. Silver polish-don't know what's in it - does so less, but has to applied with extreme caution, tiny portions and not too much rubbing. I am pretty sure, that if not done carefully, the gold will suffer as well. (Been lucky so far)
Odiomuse, as you can see from these posts, the cosmetics of the Jadis equipment are a not insignificant part of their appeal! I admit it too; I've been tempted by the similarly natural sound of the Lamm tubed amps, but I've resisted in part (other than the price) because they don't look anywhere near as nice as the Jadis. I've been bedeviled by fingerprints and some minor discoloring on the gold plated surfaces, so I'd like to thank the above posters for the suggestions. My wife had suggested that, if I'd gotten them new, maybe some of her clear coat nail polish would protect the gold finish, but I didn't have the guts to try that, and she's not a chemist. Any of you try it?
Thanks to all who have posted with help on keeping a Jadis looking new. Hello Rcprince! I have not yet experimented with putting a clear coat on the faceplate, but have thought about it since day one. In one of my e-mails from Jadis, they told me that the products sold in Taiwan do come with a coating(due to the extreme humidity there - don't know why any coastal region around the world would be different...). It is a lacquer based product. The reason they told me this is that the cleaning of these products is different. Just to give me a heads up, in case my amp was from there. These amps do NOT get cleaned with methylated spirits, as it will damage the coating. Samaul, unfortunately I don't think we could ever hope for anything less than a once a month cleaning of these faceplates. I may give the ProGold a try. I remember researching the composition for a thread on this site a few months ago. Perhaps I should revisit that...
Glad to see that the comment on Jadis cosmetics and cleaning was of interest to many of you, but could someone please comment on their experience with the Jadis personality, especially compared to ARC? Thank you.
I replaced a pair of ARC Classic 150s with my JA80s, and an SP-11 MkII with a JPL and then the JP80, and have heard most of ARC's current amplifiers and preamps, so I'll try to give you my thoughts. The ARC equipment is excellent, no question about it, some of the best-designed tube equipment out there, but to me has always been on the bright side, sounding just a little "bleached out" in its harmonic presentation compared to the Jadis equipment, which is fuller and richer harmonically; it is closer to solid state sound (and, many would argue, without too much protest from me, neutrality) than the Jadis equipment--check out Detlof's and my first posts on this. The ARC equipment probably has better transient response, and perhaps more transparency due to its brighter tonal balance (here I can't comment on the new KT90-based amps, only on the older design), but I still feel the Jadis reproduces music more like real music in a real acoustic than the ARC equipment. Best example I can give--when I got a Vendetta phono stage back around 1991 or 92, I decided to replace my SP 11 with an ARC LS2 line stage, as I no longer needed the SP 11's phono stage and I figured the LS2 would sound better than the older model. I went to my dealer, and listened to the LS2 at length; it had tremendous detail, speed, I could hear everything on the recording, easily an improvement on my SP 11. I was set to buy it, but the dealer also had a Jadis JPL on display, for far more money, even as a demo, and I asked to listen to it. Within 5 minutes I knew I was going to blow my budget and get the Jadis. The ARC appealed to my mind, the Jadis to my heart and soul. Sounds corny, but that's the best way I can describe it. You should try to give both an audition if you can-- the differences will be plain, I think, and you can decide which sound really is what you are looking for.