Music Hall 7 owners

Looking for a new cart sub 1000.00 range for all types of music (classical-punk). Suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
128x128jpainter236
Here are the changes I made to my used MMF-7; Herbies TT mat, Project Speed Box MkII, better ICs, placed it on butcher block and a Benz Micro Glider H2. The Glider made the biggest improvement, but it has all come together to really get me enjoying vinyl. When I bought the MMF-7 a year ago I had my original LP collection of about 200 albums and liked vinyl, but still played more CDs. It wasn't until the Glider came along that I changed my listening habits completely. I'm now close to 1500 LPs, and counting. I listen to everything from classical, jazz, reggae, rock and heavy metal. Glider hasn't let me down.
Is there something wrong with the Eroica cartridge? What phono amp are you using? I agree with Ehaller. The original stock MMF-7 is very good. Improvement can be made with all the changes he mentioned. I have checked my speed with different devices and it is spot on, so I didn't get a Speed Box. Does it make sense to put a $1000 cartridge on a $1000 turntable/tonearm? I don't know because I haven't listened to one. The more pertinent question is, "what phono amp are you using?". Mine is a Graham Audio Era Gold V. It is difficult to know which to upgrade first, the phono amp if your cartridge is still good, or the cartridge using the same phono amp. Good luck and have fun!
Hi Jpainter236,
Just recieved Soundsmith SMMC2.Have only 5-10 hrs.Already like it better than Eroica IMO in my system.Have Shindo Aurieges preamp.Really enjoying return to vinyl.Good luck with your search.

Danny