Why Don’t You Post Your System on Your Profile?

Many of you ask others to advise you, but the answer to so many questions is system dependent.  Why don’t you post your system on your profile prior to requesting help?

vonhelmholtz

for the noob, or an occasional poster, i can understand it is some trouble to take good photos and post their systems, enumerating each component

for regular posters and ’contributors’, they should indeed post their systems, they should be proud to show what they use to enjoy music, and let others see what is their base of experience and basis for their commentary offered

there are many though, who don’t, despite being frequent posters with high post counts -- these are indeed problem posters, whom are usually here to agitate and provoke, or to unduly influence others - it is a tell tale sign when certain usernames post comments that are seemingly knowledgeable, strongly worded, touting x-y-z... when i see those i always click the username and see the underlying info (or lack thereof)... just try it on this thread... the fakes and agitators become quite obvious

I don’t care if my system is posted, as most of my conversations are not about or based on my personal system(s). My responses are usually not about what I have on my shelves, and my time as an audio fanatic is not all about my own current situation. It’s annoying to have a conversation for the sake of conversation on a subject where you have expertise but some numb-nut attacks your response because of what you have on the shelf even when the banter is completely unrelated. If I was "asking for help" on my system I’d state the components I was talking about at that moment, not rely on someone searching my profile. That said, I may update my system listing :-) 

My audio experience is not especially based on my system so its not relevant to my posts. There are legitimate personal privacy reasons also for people not posting their systems.

I tried to post it a few years ago and had difficulty.  It may be up thread but how does one do this?