Upgrade from Proac Response 1SC?

I never thought I'd be asking this, but what bookshelf speaker might be a step up from these? I've had and loved them for a little over 10 years now, but with a recent major upgrade in my electronics (will be listed at end of post) I think they're just a bit too small for what's now driving them. I've heard a pair of Sonus Faber Olympicas (way out of my price range) and some Revel M-106's (not sure they're a step upwards from the Proacs). Would like something I can live with for a long time to come, but hoping not to exceed about $3000. Impossible mission? Maybe...
Advice and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Hegel H-200, Cambridge Audio 751BD, Bryston BDA-1 DAC, REL S2 sub. Clarus Aqua speaker cables & interconnects (mostly).
cooper52
Check out speaker art. I've owned the response 1.5's, 2.5's as well as the 1sc. I have a pair of custom super clefs with Lee taylor cabinets and scan speak tweeters. They are the most dynamic and coherent two way speakers I've ever heard. I will never part with mine.
You might also look into ATC or Joseph Audio. Not sure if they make anything within your budget.
I had the 1SC. I then moved to the D15.
I now have Merlin VSM which I love.
You can get a used pair of the TSM (bookshelf version)at a reasonable price. While I have not heard the TSM, I understand they have a strong family resemblance.
Thanks, everybody, for the responses. Some very useful recommendations here. Some of these speakers would be a bit difficult to audition (for example, the only Merlin dealer anywhere near me is some hundreds of miles away in Southern California). I want to stress that one of the things I particularly like about my ProAcs, apart from their very accurate stereo imaging, is their inherent musicality. It's just that with my system and my room, the Response 1SCs are a bit shrill. Anybody had experience with ProAc Response D2? Larger drivers, but not sure how the sound differs. Looks like these may still be a current model.
The D2 is a current model. I think the newer Pro-ac speakers image better and sound less veiled. I used to have Response 2 speakers and the newest generation is better, I think some of the improvement is due to materials technology in the new models. I have not heard all of the speakers recommended in this thread, but I have heard the Joseph Pulsars, which I thought were too bright and analytic.