If Nordost and AQ Speaker cables had a baby?

Ok in all seriousness, running Simaudio and Dynaudio with and older set of AQ Mont Blancs. Demo’d a similar rig wired with Nordost and really enjoyed it except the bass. My AQ’s are just much fuller and deeper than what I heard from the Nordost BUT loved the detail and speed. 

SO anyone have a suggestion on what I should consider to give me the speed and clarity of Nordost and weight and depth of AQ? Would prefer to keep this around $1000 for a pair of 2M cables..Thanks in advance!

mixn4him

I think macg19 brings up a good point.

On a side note: Based on what I have read (not heard) its seems that the newer generation (V2) Nordost cables, are not those thin, bright, bass light sounding cables that the previous generation has been labeled to have.

@macg19  I did listen to the most current SuperFlatLine’s and felt they were a little light in the low end, also could have been the room or lack there of.  As I have been reading some more does seem like the V2 higher end cables may be worth listening too..
I did purchase a new set of Superflatlines since everyone has them super cheap just to compare here at the house on my rig. They are breaking in as I type so will give them a week or so before doing any serious listening..Heimdall 2 may be the sweet spot next if these dont work out.. 

@aniwolfe THX

@mixn4him I’m not going to critique anything I have not listened to, but...

I started with purple flare speaker cables, which at $700 was all I was willing to spend at the time. This was my first upgrade from bulk monoprice speaker wire, as part of a system wide "upgrade". It was suggested at that time, that the "next level" was the Heimdall’s around $2K. I also bought purple flare interconnects and a Heimdall 2 phono cable.

I came to hate the rigid ribbon design; unless your amp is equal distance from each speaker, cable management is difficult and once they crease they look like crap.

I believe The brightness of the Nordost's all around was due to the silver conductors - this also seems to be a general consensus here at AG.

Anyway, I firmly believe their upper tiers are really good, I just refuse to spend $2-$6K on speaker cables. I’ve since learned this just isn’t necessary, for me.

As an example, my $400 Nova speaker cables from Zavfino were a major upgrade from the purple flares. I’ve since converted most of my cables to Zavfino. This is my experience in my system. I thank the AG community for bringing this brand to my attention.

IMO dabbling with lower tiered Nordost’s is a waste of money.

There are many other high quality cables that compete well, at a fraction of the cost of high-end Nordost’s. But If money is no object, go for it. And there are many brands and retailers that offer a reasonable return policy.

It’s hard to find a cable that has the speed of Nordost from other cables, My choice is Tellurium Cables they sound in between Nordost and Audioquest.

Finding the right cables is a very tedious process. I’ve tried Nordost Odin 1 speaker cables and they were okay in my system. I tried Nordost tyr2 powercords and it was like wow! It was so open and detailed without the brightness, that I asked my dealer to let me have a home audition of Nordost Valhalla 2 powercords.