It was 61 years ago today...

You are part of a select group of music fans to perhaps see on television, read the newspaper or maybe even be there to experience arguably a HUGE moment in music history.

I was only 2, so all I cared about was eating and sleeping. Maybe I was in the room while my family watched the Ed Sullivan show, later that week?

On this day in history, Feb. 7, 1964, Beatles arrive in US for first time, inspire nationwide mania (yahoo.com)

tablejockey

@cey 

Your time is coming!!

@falconquest 

Exactly! That’s why a generation prefers Welch’s jelly!

I had heard all the fuss about this British rock band coming on the Ed Sullivan show. But I had to go out and collect for my paper route because my bill was coming due, so I solicited some help from a couple of buddies. We split up my route and then ran to my house to watch the show. We watched about twenty seconds of the these four stiff hillbillies playing tinny music while an audience full of pimple-faced girls screamed and cried for who-knows-what or why. Without saying a word, we all got up and left the room; my friends left for home. I retired to my room and tuned my radio into a station that played Motown music. I never was a fan but did like the Stones though.

tablejockey

Thank You for sharing. History made indeed.

Happy Listening!