What is the most important cable in your system

Let say I have two high end cables but one is even higher end , is it best to put the higher end cable between the dac and the processor or the cable between the processor and the amp ? 

ngiordano

Try each cable in both positions and choose the cable combination that sounds the best in your opinion.  

It is best to start from the end, just as speakers make the most difference of any component. For cables it’s speaker cables, then amp back to source. Don’t believe me, A/B Ethernet Cables versus Speaker Wires. They all make a difference. It’s only as good as what’s in front of it. Everyone’s system and preference of sound is different so in the end it’s what sounds best to you

@antigrunge2 , interesting observation. I see we are both using add-powr products and they have a ethernet device that goes between your modem and your router. I also notice you use uptone audio. What are your thoughts about add-powr?

Which one does the signal go through?  Both of them?  they are both important.

I guess if you have to make a choice, I guess we can make a generaization that errors installed by your cables (no cable can ever improve, it can just minimize degradation) will have longer to propogate earlier in the signal path so put your best cable first to inject as little error as possible early where it can just grow as it goes through the system.

Jerry

Cable on the amp usually will be the most important. But then there’s a beotch called synergy. So best is to try and determine by ear.