What is the most important cable in your system

Let say I have two high end cables but one is even higher end , is it best to put the higher end cable between the dac and the processor or the cable between the processor and the amp ? 

ngiordano

I’m using XLRs but I have one better than the other not that the other one is inferior , was just curious what people favor as the best position for optimal sound , we all know that garbage in gives you garbage out but what’s the most critical connection, between dac/ pre or pre/ amp 

What is your system? It may not matter or mater a lot depending. If this is a DAC / Preamp question it would be likely to be there.. but with a processor involved it probably will not matter. Processors often do not have high enough resolution to matter. Also, what are the interconnects involved? 

I’d like to help, but need more information.

Try each cable in both positions and choose the cable combination that sounds the best in your opinion.  

It is best to start from the end, just as speakers make the most difference of any component. For cables it’s speaker cables, then amp back to source. Don’t believe me, A/B Ethernet Cables versus Speaker Wires. They all make a difference. It’s only as good as what’s in front of it. Everyone’s system and preference of sound is different so in the end it’s what sounds best to you

@antigrunge2 , interesting observation. I see we are both using add-powr products and they have a ethernet device that goes between your modem and your router. I also notice you use uptone audio. What are your thoughts about add-powr?