Combination streamer and music server…without DAC

Re. Combination streamer and music server without DAC:  There don’t seem to be too many of these out there and when I do see them, they tend to be quite pricey (Aurender N20).  I would like to use the DAC on my CD player.  I’m looking for something used, between $3K and $4K.  I suppose Lumin is an option by purchasing an L1 storage unit but I’m trying to avoid having another box.  I have about 300 to 400 cd’s.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

russellrcncom

As long as Audiotroy points out he is a dealer, which he always does, his opinions are welcome, that is of course just my opinion.

Buy a little green computer which is a excellent option 

Sonore is all fiber optic super low noise and SS drives. Well worth the look.

"Without DAC"

Can’t make your CDs play analog without one.

There is no question in your post except for a suggestion ask.

Here’s my suggestion:

Post questions if you desire help.

$200 will get you a Raspberry Pi streamer and a 2 TB SSD for "server" storage.

All my posts have been removed, so I guess the best advice as per this site is to just buy whatever audiotroy recommends. Totally corrupted IMHO, and this post will no doubt be removed as well. Just buy what audiotroy recommends because it’s obviously endorsed by Audiogon. Objectivity be damned.

@russellrcncom 

I just got into streaming about six months ago. I bought a new Bluesound Node N130, $600, a better USB cable, $225 and a linear power supply, $475.

It’s hooked up to my router and through the router, to my NAS that has about 1500 CD’s on it. It’s plugged it into an external DAC and the to my integrated. My CD player and Transport ( I have about 1600 CD’s) are also plugged into the DAC.

Total cost is about $1300.