Anyone heard new Zu Union 6?

The new Zu union 6 has been out a month or so now. Anyone heard a pair yet?

128x128kray

Reading through kray's Union6  experience with interest. I have the Omen Defs and have similar experiences regarding how sensitive they are to equipment and wire changes. To me it has been well worth the experimentation to find the perfect symmetry.I went from Harbeths to ZUs and now am seriously addicted to the big live sound.Don't want to hijack the thread, but one thing to think about is that it took forever to to find the exact positioning,which ended up being totally different than any other speakers ever.One of them is actually toed out slightly. Bizarre.I'll continue to read y'alls experiences and be quiet now :-)

@jtcf i had Harbeth C7ES a while back and totally agree. The big live sound is great. 

Great looking setup and I am sure it sounds great. I like clean and simple, in setup and components. Thank you again for your time and input on these speakers! Have fun!

Reporting back to say I returned the Unions to Zu.  They do improve with break in and did a lot of good things, but they were for a third system (I know).  For the record I have Zu Defheads in my bedroom that I've listened to daily for the last 7 years.

I've had about 5 Zu models in my home and the funny thing is they all sound different.  The Unions had crazy transient repsonse and were easily the most sensitive Zu speaker I've heard, I'd be surprised if they did not measure close to spec. The new internal Griewe scheme works well.  However they are also the most unforgiving of recordings of any Zu model I've had, and I like to listen fairly loud.  It's easy to hear the performance gains played side by side with Dirty Weekends, but I don't listen to much female vocals, and there's no question the DW's are easier to live with.

I did have a buddy come over and listen who has heard all of my Zus, and he said he liked the Union 6 better than all of them save for my Defheads.  Better than DW, even better than Druid V.  I don't share that opinion, I liked Druid V more, but I mention it to point out as always YMMV.  Also I was playing some Brazilian music while he was here which was right in the Union 6's wheelhouse.

Anyway, definitely worth an audition and that's why Zu offers their generous trial period.

@kray  beautiful setup! I probably wouldn't have struggled so much if I'd gone for the dirty weekends, but it's been so worth it.@whoopycat that's the way it goes sometimes.Your comparisons are very informative.