Considering Beveridge, your opinion please.

Hi all, I resently started researching loudspeakers for a 2 channel audio system. I'm considering buying a pair of Beveridge loudspeakers, I've read extremely positive things about them, but the number one thing that attracts me is the realism they are capable of producing. They can still be found in the used market and I understand they can be refurbished to almost new condition by R. Beveridge himself, total cost should be around $2500.

Other speakers that have picked my attention are Janszen and Sanders, they both have very good reviews and have great support and warranty. Price wise they're 3-5 times the Bev.

I will appreciate your comments, first about the Beveridge, and the idea of buying into 20 year old speakers and then your opinion of the new Janszen and Sanders.

Thanks and happy holidays to all.
mjc
Beveridge speakers are wonderful....and that you told me that they can be made new for 2500 dollars makes them a steal. Be sure you feed them with excellent ancillaries and you will be in heaven.
I had the pleasure of meeting Harold, (Rick's father and founder of Beveridge) a few times when I first started in the high-end audio business many moons ago.

He was an incredible gentleman and really knew about audio. He designed some fantastic speakers.

As long as you have a big enough room and plenty of power, I say go for it.

Also, Ebm needs to get a clue.

Hi,

I own two pairs of Beveridge loudspeakers: Model 2 / II and Model 3 / III. The Model 2 restoration is incomplete. The Model 3 has been restored by Rick Beveridge and, as I recall, incurred substantially more expense.

A link to a picture of my Beveridge Model 3 / III appears on my system page. I'm contemplating their sale on eBay as there may be a greater international interest. Feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Sam