Anyone have Warfedale Linton 85th anniversary?

I saw this review on Erin's website was wondering if anyone has these speakers and what you think of them.  

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/wharfedale_linton_85/

djones51

I've heard the Lintons.

They certainly had that nostalgic charm to them. The sound was pleasant and laid-back, maybe a bit too laid-back. Not the most versatile. More exciting music like flamenco guitar sounded too polite. I can certainly understand their appeal and I do think they hold up well to their competitions at their price point. 

But for almost same price you can get Amphion Argon 1 which is much more fun sounding and if you can top up a few hundred dollars more you can get the class leading Triangle Comete 40th. 

GR Research as usual, reveals the facts.

As always, there's graphs and what your ears like.

Well, I like my Lintons but you have to run them with good gear. They are a perfectly good $1500 speaker. Add a good sub (I’m using a Velodyne DD-12) and they can really rock. They would not be my choice for a super critical type of system, but no $1500 speaker is. I have them on all day and they play my best recordings very well and everything else I play sounds great. I think they are a very good value for their sound quality.

At AXPONA, one of the rooms had speakers, similar to the Lintons, in a "stacked" configuration (one on top of the other, four speakers total). This was popular in the old days with Advent speakers. It sounded pretty good.

GR Research as usual, reveals the facts.

LOL freaking hilarious. His inane GIANT Killers assembled are about the same price. Only an idiot would give this charlatan $750 to" fix" a $1500 pair of speakers designed by  Peter Comeau .  I apologize if your comment was meant as satire.