Best progressive rock album side

My intent is to seek albums which I may not own from the recommendations of you all. I ranked best sides of progressive rock albums on vinyl that I own and came up with the following list. I don't want it to undermine anything else that an artist has created. I love it all but as far as start to finish on one side this is what I came up with.

#1: Supper's Ready

#2: Terrapin Station

#3: Atom Heart Mother

#4 The Court of the King Crimson

#5 Echoes

Of course there are many more. Some may not be complete sides like Atom Heart Mother but the intent of the artisan was to make it a complete side. I had a very hard time deciding between #1 and #2. Both are very worthy in my mind.

ricmci

This is mostly pretentious crap by second rate musicians.  I didn't even like most of it when I was young.

This thread should be changed to 'which are the most over-rated prog rock discs'.

Let me start.  #1  All of Genesis   #2 Most of Yes     #3  Some of Pink Floyd

Coming from someone who is obviously only familiar with the best known prog from the UK in the 70's. 

Obviously is ignorant to how many different directions prog has gone since 1974.

2nd rate compared to who? The vast majority of prog musicians are substantially better than almost all mainstream rock musicians. 

Probably the only musicians that are better than prog musicians, are jazz and classical. But, depending on the musicians in question, that could be debatable, since many jazz and classical musicians also play in prog bands . 

And then there is the entire subgenre of avant-prog, where almost every band within this subgenre has multiple members that are grads from classical conservatories, many of whom play in orchestras and chamber ensembles, along with their avant-prog gigs.

It's my privilege not to enjoy much of this which is pretentious twaddle.

By the way Dr Sardonicus is not prog rock and I do like it.

More psychedelic than prog.

Dark Star / Grateful Dead / Live Dead

It was all downhill from there.

Close to the Edge / Yes

A tour de force of prog.

One of the things I love about this hobby is there are so many different facets to it. It’s difficult to say which ones I enjoy more and it varies from time to time, but the appreciation of the artistic expression of music is, to me, what every other aspect leads up to. And the actual listening is what truly does it for me.

I appreciate being turned on to different artists, and different releases thru this community. Things I’ve learned about both equipment and music from surfing this site have opened up my ability to enjoy music that I would’ve never otherwise discovered. All that to say:

@clearthinker  you’re such a d**k for hijacking this thread.

Why don’t you go stir up s**t somewhere else?

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway