Best progressive rock album side

My intent is to seek albums which I may not own from the recommendations of you all. I ranked best sides of progressive rock albums on vinyl that I own and came up with the following list. I don't want it to undermine anything else that an artist has created. I love it all but as far as start to finish on one side this is what I came up with.

#1: Supper's Ready

#2: Terrapin Station

#3: Atom Heart Mother

#4 The Court of the King Crimson

#5 Echoes

Of course there are many more. Some may not be complete sides like Atom Heart Mother but the intent of the artisan was to make it a complete side. I had a very hard time deciding between #1 and #2. Both are very worthy in my mind.

ricmci

WAY too many great ones, among many subgenres to decide on just a few.

So, I will break it down by subgenre.

Also, let me state from the get go, that I am always saddened to see lists like these on various forums, with the complete lack of Italian bands listed. IMO, some of the best prog ever, came from Italy.

Classic prog:

Yes - toss up between Close to the Edge or Relayer, side 1

King Crimson - Lark’s Tongue in Aspic side 1, but this is close to a toss up with side 2

PFM - Per un Amico side 1

Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - Io Sono Nato Libero side 1

Genesis - Selling England side 1

Canterbury:

National Health - Of Queues and Cures side 1

Hatfield and the North - The Rotters Club side 2

Picchio dal Pozzo - S/T side 2 by a hair

Zeuhl:

Magma - Köhntarkösz Anteria it was released on CD, so there are no sides

Eskaton - 4 Visions side 1

Setna - Guerison CD only, no sides

Koenji Hyakkei - Viva Koenji Cd only, no sides

Avant-prog:

Thinking Plague - In Extremis CD only, no sides

Univers Zero - Uzed side 2

Art Zoyd - Berlin side 1

Henry Cow - Western Culture, side 2

Samla Mammas Manna - Måltid, side 1

Prog-metal:

Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane, CD only, no sides

The Contortionist - Language, CD only

Wolverine - The Window’s Purpose, CD only

I could name quite a few more per subgenre, and even though I did list mostly recordings from the 70’s, I could name quite a few bands from the last couple of decades that I believe are close to those of the 70’s.

Bands like: Anglagard (Sweden), Deus Ex Machina (Italy), Echolyn (USA), All Traps on Earth (Sweden), Aranis (Belgium), Il Tempio Delle Clessidre (Italy), and quite a few more have recordings that I place near the best.

This is mostly pretentious crap by second rate musicians.  I didn't even like most of it when I was young.

This thread should be changed to 'which are the most over-rated prog rock discs'.

Let me start.  #1  All of Genesis   #2 Most of Yes     #3  Some of Pink Floyd

Coming from someone who is obviously only familiar with the best known prog from the UK in the 70's. 

Obviously is ignorant to how many different directions prog has gone since 1974.

2nd rate compared to who? The vast majority of prog musicians are substantially better than almost all mainstream rock musicians. 

Probably the only musicians that are better than prog musicians, are jazz and classical. But, depending on the musicians in question, that could be debatable, since many jazz and classical musicians also play in prog bands . 

And then there is the entire subgenre of avant-prog, where almost every band within this subgenre has multiple members that are grads from classical conservatories, many of whom play in orchestras and chamber ensembles, along with their avant-prog gigs.

It's my privilege not to enjoy much of this which is pretentious twaddle.

By the way Dr Sardonicus is not prog rock and I do like it.