Seller Listing Pet Peeve

When I'm viewing for sale ads one of the first things I look for are the connections the particular piece of equipment require or can accommodate.  

The latest was a DAC that had many photos of the top, sides, front, even different angles of the same view, but not a single photo of the rear.  Yeah, I know I can look it up if I'm that interested but the seller could make that point easy on me.  

To me it is critical to understand the options/limitations of a piece of equipment from the very start whether it is an amp, preamp, speakers, DAC, etc.  

OK, rant off.  

pinball101

@glennewdick     

"sorry for the sarcasm, but seriously you've probably spent more time complaining about this then the time you actual spend doing a google search on an interested Item.  "

Sorry for the sarcasm, but providing all the pertinent information on a a component is extremely beneficial for both the buyer and the seller. If one is looking to buy, then being able to view the rear panel of a component is arguably more important than a picture of the front panel.

The onus is always on the seller to put in the work.

Semi off topic, but here's my et peeve. Sellers that only accept paypal and think the buyer should pay the fee.

I guess if the serial number is missing or etched off, that’s a good reason not to show the rear

OMG!!!  So many times have I seen ads for:

1.  Expensive speakers and they won’t take the grills off to show the drivers

2.  Electronics where the seller thinks everyone wants to see a dozen pictures of the insides and none of the front faceplate and rear, yet label it an 8 or 9

3.  Expensive speakers but they won’t take a picture of the rear so you have no idea of the terminals or if it’s rear ported

These are the main violations…. And if I’m looking at ads late at night and less tolerant of things after a full day, then you just want to vent!  I have found myself loudly exclaiming to no one, “Jeez, how hard is it to take some GD pictures!!!”

A serious seller with take pictures of at least 5 of the six sides, disclose some provenance, condition and included original accessories and price it normally.  There are a low percentage ads with serious sellers, ime. I do not know why they bother to list as I see stuff sit unsold for months.