Seller Listing Pet Peeve

When I'm viewing for sale ads one of the first things I look for are the connections the particular piece of equipment require or can accommodate.  

The latest was a DAC that had many photos of the top, sides, front, even different angles of the same view, but not a single photo of the rear.  Yeah, I know I can look it up if I'm that interested but the seller could make that point easy on me.  

To me it is critical to understand the options/limitations of a piece of equipment from the very start whether it is an amp, preamp, speakers, DAC, etc.  

OK, rant off.  

pinball101

@larsman I guess you think I'm an FOG luddite that doesn't believe in computers.  I'm actually pretty good at using them, probably better than most.  2 days ago I identified a scammer trying to sell on another forum as Darren1012.  I found her email address, paypal account (a different address) and facebook account.  Here is Darren at her home in Kenya.

https://www.facebook.com/faith.c.marende

But if you're too lazy to put the info in your listing, I'm much less likely to buy it.  I guess I am old fashioned in that I think sellers are likely to be more successful if they make life easier for buyers.

Jerry

@glennewdick     

"sorry for the sarcasm, but seriously you've probably spent more time complaining about this then the time you actual spend doing a google search on an interested Item.  "

Sorry for the sarcasm, but providing all the pertinent information on a a component is extremely beneficial for both the buyer and the seller. If one is looking to buy, then being able to view the rear panel of a component is arguably more important than a picture of the front panel.

The onus is always on the seller to put in the work.

Semi off topic, but here's my et peeve. Sellers that only accept paypal and think the buyer should pay the fee.

I guess if the serial number is missing or etched off, that’s a good reason not to show the rear