Why Do You Post?

I come here to poke fun ONLY... No need for tech talk. AG could care less. I'm trying to draw the TROLLS out.. I'm bored.

This is what someone posted in an active thread.  I'm dumbfounded!

I come to Audiogon to learn and share information, keep abreast of audiophile happenings and to gain exposure or insight into music.  I thought I was in the majority camp of users, but based upon the above quote, could be I'm not.

128x128onhwy61
I like reading what people have for components and speakers. I also like to read about some of the silly things people believe about tweaks and whatever else companies sell to the gullible. It some respects, it's like a religion. There's no proof but you gotta have faith.

trolls gonna troll, it’s all they got to offer... wake up every morning, no other joy available through more productive and positive means

rather pitiful actually

we all know real people in our lives in this unfortunate position... these folks actually deserve empathy, help, love...  except here, they are anonymous and spoil the experience for others...

I post to support my fragile ego by imagining my posts are considered real smart (!), often hilarious, and clearly coming from someone extremely good looking and tall-ish.

@audioguy85      No ducks here but plenty of quackery.

I post mainly to expose silly notions for being just that.

All posts in a forum have value when they do not make fun of the topic. It is nice to exchange, views, findings, knowledge and can support them with your own experiences. There are people here who have certainly learned something more, practiced it, regardless of whether say so. I saw the other day a post by a happy man for all the advice he was given. That's the real value of participating and posting.