Forgotten heavy bands from late 60's to early 70's

Have been a fan of hard rock/metal since high school. Always liked the heavy/physcadelic bands equally to the metal bands I grew up with Ozzy-Maiden and Scorpions ect. Recently on Youtube I discovered some heavy/physcadelic bands I was unaware of. 13th Floor Elevators-Five Day Rain-Probe Direction-The Hook and Vahalla. Are these bands albums worth persuing? Feel free to mention any other band that deserves to be heard. Look forward to your responses.
dayglow

That debut by Blue Cheer was the first album I heard that had a "heavy" sound, Zeppelin's the second. The former contained the worst "music" I had yet heard at the time of its release (1968), but then in 1970 Black Sabbath's debut appeared.

Everyone considers Spinal Tap funny, right? But not Blue Cheer and Black Sabbath?!.Unintentionally, but still.....

Budgie have already been mentioned who were an inspiration for Metallica and who covered two Budgie tracks. They just chose a crap name.

Man another band from Wales the same as Budgie, created many great albums but the best was Maximum Darkness a live album starring John Cipollina from Quicksilver Messenger Service and secondly Live at the Padget Rooms Penarth.

Both albums are total rock icons.

@lordmelton - I'm a big fan of Man and that whole Welsh music scene of the 70's. I got to see them 5 or 6 times here in the San Francisco Bay Area, including that 'Live at the Keystone Berkeley' show that they released. The first time they were here was supporting Hawkwind on their '1999' tour, back in 1974.... 

@vinylvin - I don't think King Crimson are very 'forgotten'! 😄