Marantz SA-KI Ruby SACD Player

If anyone is still interested in the Ruby SACD Player Music Direct just got a shipment in and they are still priced at $2995. From what I was told they are brand new in box with full warranty. I ordered one and hope to receive it by Friday or Saturday. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up.   

rsfphil

The Ruby arrived today and so far so good. It replaced a Marantz SA11s3 (which up to that point was the best CD player I ever had) that after 8 years finally died. I sent it to United Audio which is the factory authorized service center for Marantz. They found the problem, but the parts were unavailable and it couldn't be repaired. Very disappointing to say the least. It now sits in some landfill in PA. Getting back to the Ruby it has a manufacture date of January 2022 and right out of the box sounds very good. I'm sure it will sound better after some more hours. Speaking of hours do you Marantz SACD owners put the unit in standby when finished listening or do you leave it on 24/7. One more thing. It looks like Marantz reduced the warranty from 5 years to 3 years and that is for the entire unit not just the laser assembly.

I left mine on 24/7 the first week or so,  then used standby..I know the Aesthetix CD Player still burns-in while in standby...

I stand corrected on the Marantz warranty. It looks like the Marantz Reference still carries the 5 year (3 year on laser assemblies) warranty. The warranty information enclosed with my Ruby says 3 years on both. I guess the Ruby isn't considered part of the Reference Line.

I like Marantz, but I would be hesitant to buy from a company that doesn't support their stuff with parts.

rsfphil

Nice score on the Ruby. Can you speak about the issue(s) of the SA-11S3 ?

Happy Listening!