What is the best loudspeaker for a small room?

I have a very small audio room, 16 ft (L) X 14ft (W) X 8 ft (H). What are my options if I want a floor standing loudspeakers? Of course price is an issue but maybe I can equate the price later on based on the performance of the speaker. I enjoy listening to almost all types of music using pass labs pre xp20 and power xa100.5 amps.
jerrypan
I agree with Branislav. Compared to many rooms on this site, this is hardly small.
I would second th DeVore's, and the ProAc's, particularly if you want a bookshelf/monitor.
I agree with Brainislav et al, that the room is not that small, and lots of things might work.

Another variable is how far you can place the speakers into the room; if living considerations in your room require "near wall" placement, that is a consideration, so it would be helpful to know how far out you can go.

John
8x10 is a small room. Your room is almost triple that and should be able to easily accommodate a mid-sized floorstander such as the Monitor Audio Silver RX6, the PSB Synchrony Two T, Magnepan 1.7 plus a small sub, Mirage OMD-15, Totem Hawk or Sttaf.

I think a particularly good candidate would be the GoldenEar Triton Three Tower. It is a fairly compact tower with a built-in powered (sub)woofer. This would make it easier to adjust the bass output to a range of room sizes, and your room size would be in its sweet spot. It also have a very fast, linear midrange and very smooth, resolving, extended folded ribbon tweeter based on the Heil design.

Although they're pretty accessible and affordable, these are highly resolving speakers that will make full use of your Pass Labs electronics.