High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

I placed my order. I was very close to doing the 1260 a few months back, but never got around to buy it, but this time with the new 45-T I could no longer resist.

I saw the instruction videos. It should be pretty easy to apply. A couple of questions:

1 - Do we apply to the inlets on power cords' IEC's? Talking about the female plug that goes on gear. I get it for the plugs (on the wall side)

2 - Do we apply it to USB cables too? If so, where and how?

thyname

The little plastic box or case it comes in is not necessary- like a little jewel case-nice but not really needed. I applied the 1260 to the male pins on the equipment that the power cord plugs into. put it on both ends of XLR cables using applicator brush that comes with it. I believe you can put it on USB cables- check with High Fidelity to make sure. I have a whole system treated with the 1260- it was outstanding. Did order the large Q45t and will retreat my system.

Thanks @68pete 

My guess is it will take a week or so to get it. Plenty of time to do my research and ask HFC some questions 

@thyname

1- I suggest to try those AC female connectors last as they are hardest to remove in case you want to back step or change mind. I was skeptical when I first try these 3 enhancements so, for that, I first applied on connectors with open flat surface first like speaker spades, AC males, RCA, XLR males… they are easier to wipe off than the females…once you are sure and satisfied with the new sound improvement, you can go on and apply to those females connectors and the rest of the system.

2- Can’t confirm how easy that’d be since I have not tried on USB or Ethernet cables. Keep in mind Q45-T isn’t as thin as 1260 but actually thicker with some grits like sand in it, as mentioned. (Also, the brush from 5mL bottle Q45-T is bigger than the brush from 1,5mL bottle nps-1260)

John

Thanks @nasaman , that’s a very sound advice. I will take it slowly. Start with power cords male plugs, XLR interconnects pins, and speaker cables bananas first.