High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

Showing 24 responses by nasaman

HI all,

Here’s my write up on HFC Q45-T.

First of all, It’s my privilege to be 10 mins drive from HFC

I did get to try the NPS-1260 not too long ago after I gave HFC a very first visit .... and it changed my life for this hobby forever.

Few weeks later, I went out and bought Mad Scientist enhancement just for my curiosity and comparison. Now, I have the new Q45T in my system., and below is my findings of each.

In short:

. NPS-1260 is impressive.

. Mad Scientist enhancement (MS-E) is garbage

. Q45-T sounds organic and beautiful.

NPS-1260: I first applied it in both of my speakers ends then gradually moving to the rest of the system and up to the wall outlet.

1260 made my system sounded musical and beautiful. Solid, dynamic, tight and well control. Smooth, liquid, and less white noise,

Bass was never muddy but very tuneful and excited. Very nice PRAT.

Very clean and crisp sound staging and imaging.

NPS-1260 woke my system up and sounded so good that 1 point, I felt like my amp got extra upgraded to another $5k $10k

Mad Scientist Enhancement: (MS-E) About 2, 3 weeks later after I had 1260 in my system, my other online friend brought up (MS-E and he quoted "it’s popular, it’s cheaper and probably perform just as good as 1260?"

Well, one way to find out, I said.

I bought one and about 10 days later, MS-E arrived to my house. The liquid was thin and very dark and very messy to work with.

So , I cleaned off the 1260 very well at both ends of my speakers cables and applied the MS-E ((Keep in mind, the rest of system still on 1260.)

At first, MS-E had more air, more revealing and appealing similar to live experience. But it also sounded like in the hall or a cave. with lots of echoing and reverbs followed by flaws and distortions. It was wild.

It shifted my system to sound more in upper range and leaning toward to hi-fi sounding.

After the third day to a week, it became so dull and dark that I had to switch to my other power cord to fix it but then it went south from there; it was very confusing for another 2 weeks until I had the possession of Q45-T.

NPS-Q45-T:

Before I put the Q45-T in, I wiped off clean the MS-E at both speaker cables ends, and connect them back to the system and BAM. My system woke up and sing beautifully without MS-E. (Again, 1260 still on the rest of my system)

At this point, I was very skeptical about the Q45-T’s credibility. How could it be any better from here.... and it did.

The Q45-T is thicker and darker liquid than NPS-1260 and also has more grit and feel like sand because some of their properties aren’t in nano size but in micro. Thus, you will feel a bit of grind when tighten up the metal connectors but not to panic. It’s totally fine, according to Rick.

First music notes, I was floored, Q45-T sounds very "vinyl sounding.". Very organic and beautiful with lots and lots of LAYERS and RESOLUTIONS. It’s so real and accurate. Bass is very solid and full authority. High is nicely extend and very silky. Over all sounding, in my system, it is so musical, so easy to the ears and it’s just getting better and better.

I wanted to share with you guys my findings much earlier but every time I sat down to listen and to make notes, music is just keep getting so beautiful. that I literally got lost many times.

Now, if 1260 gave me the impression of "jaw-on-the-floor", then the Q45-T would give me the goose-bumps and satisfactions. For the first time ever, I stop listening to my gear and cables.

Today’s sounding is diff and (much) more sophisticated than 10, 15, 20 years ago and that goes to latest technologies in most/all electronics, cables and cords, and I feel that this Q45-T enhancement helps bridging that gap. It’s an icing on the cake for every systems, updated or not.

So, for a million dollar question, is Q45-T better than NPS-1260?

Yes yes and yes. I just can not say yes enough.

I do strongly recommend it.

Regards,

John

My system list below:

Speakers: Sonus Faber Elipsa SE

Speaker cables: Purist Audio Aqueous Aureus, Lumin Version

Speaker Spikes upgrade: SoundStageAudio Brass 2-in Audio Points

Amp/Pre: Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated

Interconnect: HFC Orchestral Double Helix Signature

Power cord: Sablon Gran Corona

Isolation Feet: CustomIsolation,net, Floating Balls

Amp stand: CustomIsolation.net Acrylic amp stand

Source: Lumin Streamer A1

Digital cable: Sablon Cat-5

Power cord: Cerious Technology, Matrix

Isolation system: SoundStageAudio.com, Sistrum SP-1 and SoumdWork Platforms

Amp stand: CustomIsolation.net Acrylic amp stand

Power Distributor: HFC MC-6 DHS 3D

Power Cord: Sablon Gran Corona

Power Conditioners: HFC MC-0.5, MC-1 Pro, MC-1 DHPS

Subwoofers: REL S/3 paired

Interconnect: DIY Canare 4S11

Power Cords: TBD

68pete,

At the moment, I only have Q45-T at both ends of speaker cables (by wiping off clean the MS-E ) and the rest of system still treated with 1260. I can not recommend either way as you listed because I have not gotten there yet but base on the result that I’m getting from Q45-T, I think I would, likely, first, wipe off the 1260 at males connectors like AC connectors, interconnects, using napkins, dry cotton towel and Q-tips. The female parts from AC receptacles, cords and IC’s will be last as they are more challenging to wipe off and Rick recommends some bottle cleaners that I have not tried or looked into.

https://vetco.net/products/mg-isopropyl-alcohol-aerosol-spray-16oz

Q45-T pricing as below:

$349 for 5mL

$599 for 10mL

Thanks for reading

@68pete ,

I just tried Q45-T on a 2nd location in my system, an 8-pin power cable from my streamer Lumin A1 separate power supply to its main source and the result was outstanding. Another jaw-dropping if I’d say. It’s noticeable more pronounced and depth. More focus and cleaner sound-staging and imaging, It’s transforming my speakers to another level.

As it’s passing the 2nd day,,music flows more silky and a tad cleaner. Beautiful PRAT. It’s more music, most definitely.

IMO, NPS-1260 is impressive, Q45-T is all about music and absolutely more bang for bucks. It is insanely good and soon will be all over the places... mark my word.

I’m confident and excite for you guys to try it in your own systems.

John

@jayctoy Hi Bon Glad to see you here. Please also share your findings for others to view as well... good or bad. TIA

@thyname IDK what "storage case" means. HFC can answer that in no time.

@lpretiring I applied them all equally as thin as their brushes allowed me to.

Your quote, "it should look like nothing is left" I’m sorry, I find that is impossible for me to perform since my MS-E came in as dark as black paint/ marker.

I do recommend you to try wipe-off MS-E at 1 to 2 locations and record your new findings? (unless you already have done that)

Anyhow, it could also be system dependent as well so by all means, if MS-E works for you and your system- enjoy it.

John

@thyname

1- I suggest to try those AC female connectors last as they are hardest to remove in case you want to back step or change mind. I was skeptical when I first try these 3 enhancements so, for that, I first applied on connectors with open flat surface first like speaker spades, AC males, RCA, XLR males… they are easier to wipe off than the females…once you are sure and satisfied with the new sound improvement, you can go on and apply to those females connectors and the rest of the system.

2- Can’t confirm how easy that’d be since I have not tried on USB or Ethernet cables. Keep in mind Q45-T isn’t as thin as 1260 but actually thicker with some grits like sand in it, as mentioned. (Also, the brush from 5mL bottle Q45-T is bigger than the brush from 1,5mL bottle nps-1260)

John

Rick will come back BIG in diff shape and size and with the promising performance that will quickly put HFC to the past.... just how HFC did to Virtual Dynamic.

Q45T is his new born and it is a teaser for the next transition.

it will shock our high-end audio industry..

@ozzy  when first try Q45T, my humble suggest is to clean off 1260 completely at 1 or 2 location then apply Q45T. After that is your choice.

in my opinion:

nps-1260: gains more information 

Q45T: gains more resolutions 

@jayctoy That’s great to hear.  It’s a great stuff, and I’m happy for us all.

You guys are applying the Q45T way faster than me, LOL because I’m still at the speaker cables ends and my Lumin streamer’s 8-pin power cable. Evtime I’m in my listening room for a quick listening, I’m stuck to the chair and not wanting anything else. It’s that great.

For the crazies, do y’all know that the 1260 can also be applied between metal connectors around speakers’ Cross-over and inside your electronics, right?

Amps, preamps, CDPs, streamers, Pwr Conditioners, and many more. Power them off, be careful and have some fun with it.

John

@sruffle Yes, Just to be on the safe side?

Apply slowly and 1 location at a time and watch "your child" grows. LOL

Monitor it and take notes for each of those locations

If you do all at 1 time ...the fun can soon be over. And, if there are side effects, you won’t know which locations to look into first.

@david_ten

@acresverde

Hi guys,

Nps-1260: Gains more information. (I can hear more)

It allows to hear (many) more musical instruments appear in the music that I didn’t hear before. Ex, the sweaty palm gliding on the guitar’s neck, a sax player or singer inhaling/ breathing appeal to be cleaner and more obvious....This 1260 also allows more musicality and silky highs that I really like. It somewhat opens up- more air and details . 1260 is impressive.

Q45T: Gains more resolutions. (I can "see" more)

In my system, it improves so much and focuses mainly around the sound-staging and imaging. It gives (so much) more separations, more layers (depths), more micro inner details that give a cleaner "picture" of locations between the players themselves and singer(s). Very organic sounding, warmth and full and (a tad) more emotional engagement. The speakers disappeared like they never there.

So,...m​​​​​ore information and more resolutions are 2 diff things.

Now, the reason I love Q45T more than 1260 personally is because the Q45T has a very much organic sounding simislar a vinyl?, musicality and authority which give me the impression that I’m getting a free upgrade $5k to $10k amp within the brand and just for that....the Q45T worths every penny.

Please note that my whole system is currently being treated with 1260. The new comer Q45T’s only been applied 2 areas (4 locations) and that’s the speaker cables and the streamer Lumin’s umbilical cord.

If you rotate gear often, don’t use them (1260 or Q45T) yet because they aren’t cheap (unless they are not cheap for you). Just wait until you settle then give them a try. However, like me and many others here, your curiosity got over you and want to try them? fully apply them in a very thin layer as possible between 2 metal surfaces of the connectors. Avoid gaps.

If removed or disrupted those bonds, re-coat again in a very thin layer.

Yes, you can apply Q45T over 1260 and they can still go together. However, wipe off 1260 before applying Q45T will give you more accurate of Q45T’s sounding signature. In my opinion, the Q45T is better than 1260. It gives me more music so I personally wipe off 1260.

Great luck and have fun with it.

@crummwoody Q45T is thicker and also darker than 1260, visually. It’s as dark as a marker so not to worry too much about should you or not to re-apply.

The Q45T is more visible to see what’s on, what’s off.

What you should worry now is to make sure HFC isn’t running out of stock. Order them today..

@jayctoy For power cords, unplug both ends before applying either 1260 or Q45T is highly and highly recommend..

Guys,

HFC is closing (for the next few days or this full week?) due to a huge Covid surge at their shop. 

Though I am very new to HFC but I was privileged to talk and to deal with Rick and his HFC directly in person many and many times... he’s a great man, a great person and I have fate in him (and his new direction.)

@crummwoody have you received your Q45T yet?

@crummwoody if you’d like, PM me the invoice, I’ll check in next week. 

@whitefishpoint1175 do you have anything that was paid for and haven’t received?

I finally get to apply Q45T on 2 more power cords (4 locations) and man this stuff is amazing…More music. Just more music and less analyzing on the gear. 

Q45T is a love portion number 9 for every audiophiles in every budget systems.

@crummwoody I understood your concern but I just need the invoice number if that Q45T was purchased directly from HFC?

Now, if it was from A'gon then I'd need prove of purchase like the time, date and the state, city or something so I could bring it up to... I'll try my best to help.

@ayodej If that $15k was purchased directly from HFC website, please PM me that invoice number. I see what I can do. 

On the female end, I dont apply inside the 3 holes of the power cord but, perhaps, I apply on the other 3 males from where the female plugs into.