Speakers for daughter

I was going to buy powered small speakers for my daughter's first sound system to go with A Project Debut Carbon Evolution but now she seems ok to accept an integrated amplifier from me to power speakers. Thinking about the Elac UNI-FI UB 51 or ELAC Uni-FI Slim B5 U5 after researching similar priced speakers such as the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2, Paradigm Monitor SE Atom, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, and Kef 150. I have not listened to any speakers yet at the price point. Any comments?

mjs

The NuPrime IDA-8 will handle all amplification and digital processing in a compact package.  Pair it with Silverline SR7 or one of the Wharfedale bookshelves and I’m sure she’ll be more than thrilled. 

Small apartment. Mostly pop music and do not expect head banging loud. Probably budgeting about $300-400 for speakers. Have. a good DIY integrated amp for her and spending around $700 for a turntable. If I wanted to spend more money on speakers would consider the Dynaudio Emit 10 for about $600. Do not expect speakers to be placed anywhere near optimum positions at this time.

What is the DIY amp (basic specs)?

This info will make/break uninformed reccomnedations,

DeKay

Seems you are spending too much on a turntable and not enough on the speakers.

I would look at Focal Chora or Monitor Audio Bronze or Silver (if you can get a deal).