Controlling vibration of woofer baskets

Does anyone have experience with products that reduce the vibration of woofer baskets?

gererick

Mortite has always worked for me, whether for damping turntables, metal cabinets, speaker frames, or- whatever.

Never falls off, when applied to a clean, smooth surface and: easy to remove, without leaving anything behind.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvI8JObJjsWZxt8TtMVGDRlk5AhAHA:1642538390003&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=mortite+putty

What about Mortite, or is that too old school?

I've used it on stamped frame Jensen guitar amp speakers with varied results.

Humbucking P/U guitars sounded better, but single ended Fender Strats lost some of their "chime" quality.

DeKay

Funny I use Mortite to adjust the mass on passive radiators when I do the initial set up. Seal drivers and it doubles for plumbers putty in a pinch.

Now you know what they forgot on Apollo 13, the Mortite. I know they had duct tape. Maybe if they would have used the Mortite they wouldn’t have had to use the duct tape to get back. I’m pretty sure Mortite will be in Heaven too. LOL

Regards

VMPS Super Towers were my younger self’s idea of the greatest speaker ever.

Monkey coffin extraordinaire....

His quasi-12/quasi-18 crossovers are actually a very good idea, when properly executed.