Big Below 15k used that can play loud as heck

I moved into a way larger room, roughly 20x24 and the 802D’s just ain’t cutting the mustard. Looking for good options that can pound out bass in a large room with 500-1000 high end watts (pass or levinson etc)

Currently running 2 JL Fathom F113’s so it’s not low bass, it’s a speaker that can pump concert level music playing rap, hip hop, reggae, rock and classical/audiophile stuff  etc. but I need my rig to blast rap and hiphop impressively more than anything. 

128x128systembuilder

For 15K, you can get the JBL speakers with 15 inch woofer and horn mids and tweets. You could also go with the Klipsch Cornwall IV and a couple of SVS SB 3000 Pro subs and still have plenty of money left over. The Klipsch would be on my short list.  I am thinking of buying the Cornwall IV in 2022 to try a different flavor in my office system. 

It’s not hard to hit high SPL in HiFi, it’s the cost.

One pair of lattice OB Neo 8 planar tower I built will hit 120+ db. 200hz to 21k for over and hour. They were about 800.00 usd per 72-75" of ribbon column. They tripled in price. Very close to 1800.00 per column. Then GSR started producing a better driver for 1/4th the price and still making 300% profit. Now the 9 drivers are 450.00 per column or 900.00 per pair for drivers.
BTW after an hour at 120db Every BUG in the shop was dead. THEN we turned on the BASS and every cop in town showed up, all 3 of them. Then all 53 of US got stoned.

"And if you don’t wont be alone, everybody lets get stoned"

I bribed um’ with a couple of pole dances from the neighbor lady and cookies. They left with a smile on their face. They liked the goat, the dog not so much..
I swore on the Bible the pretty roosters were for the ladies only. The Banty Roosters with the razors attached is just for a photo shoot.

We call him Tyson, he ain’t retired.. Alabama Banty. Loves the ladies..:-)

Happy New Year.

Regards

Oldhvymec,

I don't think there is 1 group you left out to offend.

Happy New Year to you too. :-)