The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

No I am absolutely not saying things can’t be improved. But I am suggesting there could be reasons why the bass sounds “better” besides the fuse. Just that there COULD be. Don’t take it personally. I hear differences all the time and am not able to say exactly why. Just reseating a fuse can make a difference. Or maybe you happened to be more focused on the bass for whatever reason? You know best. The bass on that recording sounds great on my hifi as well with stock fuses. It’s just part of what that recording is. Tried a SR fuse once and didn’t hear anything that made me keep it in. You never know sometimes when it comes to what we hear. Just saying.

My first two are fully broken-in and my system is sounding really amazing. I swore I would wait for a three for two deal before I bought any more, but yesterday I broke down and ordered one to replace the Orange Fuse in my DAC...

The bass is certainly not the only improvement I heard on Blue Train, or any of the other recordings I’ve been listening to with the SR purple. People seem to like it when you cite specific improvements on specific recordings, so I was using the bass on Blue Train as one example.

Wait for a 'three for two' deal?

Why didn't I think of that.

Have ordered my three SR Purple fuses. Eagerly awaiting their arrival.

My three SR Purple fuses are fully broken in at this point, and sounding mighty fine. I know that one of my early comments that I could "see" facial expressions on well-recorded vocalists was scoffed at, but it is true, especially with the lights out. Those who know, know. Other’s not so much. *lol*

Frank