Are Bowers and Wilkins speakers overpriced?

I see a lot of negative commentary on B&W. Why? Are they overpriced? Do they not sound as amazing as they look? Are they too “main stream”? - I love my 805 d3’s but curious why they get such a bad rep. 
paulgardner
@grislybutter, I wasn’t thinking about comparisons to US labor costs, but rather those countries that are specifically sought out for cheap labor costs and perhaps sometimes even considered slave labor.
 The wide variety offered might be due to a strategy that might some times require dealers to carry large segments of lines that prohibit cherry picking desired models. This strategy also takes “shelf” space from competitors.

@unsound 
it's not a boutique brand for sure and you might be right, the wide variety puts them on a lot of shelves. 
As way above says…..

your asking specifically if b&w speakers are overpriced………in an audio website  ?
eveerthing audio is overpriced. 
 Audio diehards spend 250$ on a fuse …A FUSE !!!!!
or 2500$ on a pair of rca cables…..
700$ on a 2 foot power cord which turns water into wine.  
 Are b&w overpriced ?? Yeah maybe a little 😄😄🍺
Are they expensive, not to me when you compare them with the competition. There is lot of R&D, labor (UK not China) and distribution cost not to mention dealers mark ups. 

Fortunately, there are plenty of bargains available in all segments of Hi-Fi :-)