Can someone suggest a lush tube integrated under $3000 used

My main system it’s solid state preamp and amp. I’ll through in a tube preamp on occasions. Somedays I just miss the lush involving syrupy tube sound with small jazz and blues recordings. I know highs may be rolled off,  not a lot of slam but can be so involving you lose track of time. This amp will be matched with some Joseph Audio first gen Pulsar, LSA 2 statement tower with ribbon tweeter and some Tiny Dancers. 

I’ve heard good things of the Cary, Ayon, maybe an old Conrad Johnson cav 50, I just don’t have much experience with integrated amps. My speakers aren’t the most efficient. 

paulcreed
@tomic601 -- The VTL was actually bought by my friend. I didn't want to bring it up because the OP wanted to learn more about Raven, but there's simply no comparison. The VTL I-85 is in a totally different league compared to Raven's Blackhawk. It has that el34 magic but also the balls to drive low sens speakers very well. 

If you look at my main virtual system pics, you will see the VTL sitting side by side with the Qualiton a50i. We did a shootout a few weeks ago. The VTL is very good but the a50i is in yet another league above the VTL, at least for my taste. But I can def see how someone might actually prefer the el34 sound of the VTL over the KT120 of a50i.

Unfortunately, my friend had some unexpected expenses so he basically returned the speakers and amp back to me. I don't really need an expensive amp in my study, otherwise I would have bought the VTL from him in a heartbeat. I might be putting it up for sale soon. I wish I could somehow justify keeping both the Qualiton a50i and VTL in my systems, but I can't :(
that’s the balanced, experienced, nuanced reply i was hoping would help the OP to widen perspective….

thanks.

so very sorry to hear of friends setback, if there is a way i can help, let me know. Hopefully he at least has some music

best

Jim
in my travels, cj’s, cary’s and primaluna’s have evoked the word ’lush’ sounding in integrated amps (vac’s are variable by model, as are vtl’s i m e)

not the last word in impact, nor transparency, but certainly ’lush’ - as usual, it is about putting the piece in place within a chain that benefits from its prime sonic characetristics
@ozzy62,

"With shipping both ways and restock fee that could get kind of pricey. But it’s the only way to know for sure"

You are right,  the shipping cost is a consideration. But if truly interested how else can @paulcreed determine if the Raven works out for his needs.
The very informed and thoughtful post from @arafigpq addressing the 20 watt Raven-lower sensitivity pairing is exactly why a home trial audition is so valuable.

What didn’t work for @arafiq could possibly work for another. Getting the amplifier into the home audio system and ’just listen’ is the way to go.
Charles

Ozzy62-
MC, is your Blackhawk "lush and syrupy’? If so, sorry for you. If not, nice try and thanks for playing........

Never good to go snotty, especially not with me, and definitely not when all it winds up accomplishing is revealing your lack of reading comprehension.

Read what I wrote- exactly what I wrote:
You don’t have to settle for lush and rolled off. If what you want is involving to where you lose track of time then you don’t even have to settle for used. Slam? Raven Nighthawk will get you there brand new no syrup no problem.

Now, what the OP said was,
Somedays I just miss the lush involving syrupy tube sound... I know highs may be rolled off, not a lot of slam but can be so involving you lose track of time.

Now since you’re having such a hard time with this I am going to explain what this means. He wants "involving" so much he mentions it twice. In relation to lush and syrupy, which we know he doesn’t really care for since he says, "I know the highs may be rolled off, not a lot of slam, but can be so involving you lose track of time."

It is clear to me he wants to be involved to such an extent he loses track of time, and not only that but wants this so much he is willing to put up with rolled off highs, etc.

Therefore, me being the sensitive logical and comprehending audio guru that I am I point out that Raven will deliver all that he wants without having to put up with any of what he doesn’t.

Sincerely do hope this clears it up for you.