Anyone dislike Ohm Walsh speakers?

Hello,

I live in Southeast Asia in a country where there is no way to audition a pair of Ohm Walsh speakers. I'm looking to buy a pair of Ohm Walsh 2000's for music/home theater. 

I have seen rave reviews about the Ohm Walshs and like the idea of an omnidirectional speaker. But I'm hesitant since I would like this to be my "forever" pair of speakers and am paying $500 for shipping. Has anyone here heard a pair of Ohm Walshs and not liked them? Just trying to figure out my chances of making a purchase that I might regret. Thank you so much everyone!
thomaspynchon211
I'm also rockin' with the Ohm Walsh Sound Cylinders - 8" Walsh driver firing down into a ported cabinet with a dome tweeter at 8K firing up!
My biggest dislike is the horrible build quality ,I helped a guy upgrade the Xover ,what pure garbage parts , even a electrolytic 
capacitor which is a cardinal sin fir a Loudspeaker Xover .
and even the drivers all China specials , if you spend A few $hundreds on parts in the Xover you can get them to sound nigh5 and day better.
Jason I remember they had really good mids they were an easy listen because the tweeters didn't boil my ears. The bass was deep but correct for the time (70s) and the music we were listening to.

Surely rock & roll or Funk ALL LOUD. James Brown or Led Zeppelin. :-)

I've seen the different Toppers on a few DIY projects through the years and as 2nd and 3dr drivers. 3 or 4 total per side at different heights..

I remember they were hung like lanterns. It was in Marin county north of SF. First time I heard VMPS bass speakers too.. I met the owner there his van broke down.. That worked out well..

I like different..
About to hit year 12 with my 2000s.  No desire to change these for anything anywhere near the price, even the new higher price.  FWIW, I bought them without hearing them first.  Once broken in, they are fantastic, IMHO.  
 if you can get them in a huge room well away from walls, they image like nobody’s business, with instrumental locations [imaging] independent of listener position. they were reasonably transparent with a clear but mellow treble. bass even on the smaller models was full and extended down below the low E of the string bass. i could listen to them forever, no listening fatigue whatsoever. the holographic imaging was addictive. if you listen to them closer than about 8 feet in a room where they are closer than a meter from any room surface, then the aforementioned magic disappears, at least it did for me. i’ve run across several and most of them had warped voice coils or sagging/offset woofer, you don’t hear the problem until a bass note comes along, then comes the telltale coil scraping sound. expensive to fix what with a grand worth of freight fees. so get them brand new or vetted by somebody you know well.