What Have You Done With Your Obsolete/Outdated AV Receivers & Preamps? 😳

If you’ve been in this hobby for a while you have likely had to replace an AV receiver and/or preamp to keep up with connectivity changes and/or updates in sound field decoding.

On the video connectivity side we’ve gone from 75 ohm connectors > RCA connectors > S-Video > HDMI (beginning with 1.0 up to the current 2.1 standard).

While on the sound field side we’ve gone from mono > stereo > 3 channel (stereo plus a center channel, championed by Paul Klipsch, for example) > Hafler (and others) Matrix > 4 channel (SQ/QS/etc. decoding) > Dolby > Dolby Surround > Dolby Pro Logic > Dolby Pro Logic II > Dolby Digital 5.1  >  Dolby Digital EX 7.1 > Dolby ATMOS.

And upgrading to the next video and/or sound field standard generally required the purchase of a new AV receiver or AV preamp. Hardware upgrades were not available for video connectivity upgrades and likewise for sound field upgrades.

So, if you upgraded your system to accommodate these new standards, my question is:

What did you do with your obsolete AV equipment? 😎
128x128vinyl_rules
Left on curb with scribbled "FREE" sign. Still there. Even recycler won't take AVR.  

Kidding. Obviously. 30 years ago when I was about to buy an AVR I went and listened to a few. The rest is history.
I think most people give them to Goodwill. Go there, you'll see stacks of them.
My one and only receiver is a Marantz Model 18 bought in the mid-60s with a month of post-doc stipend.  It sits on display in a rack and will continue to do so.  I moved on to a series of separates: Proceed PAV & Amp 2, Parasound JC-1, -2, & -3, and now Ayre 5/20 series with a Bryston SP3 processor.
You should sell them (anything) asap while they still have more interested buyers, and thus some value. Delay, age, new technology advance, 

I always try to find someone to give them to, usually successful.

This last one, a nice Onkyo TX-NR626 (retired when I got a unified Sony TV/AVR/BLU (for simplified remote) is still on the shelf. 

I wanted to use it for the garage speakers AND shop speakers after my Tandberg 2080 fell apart, but, it does not drive 2 sets of speakers normally (tandberg could drive 3 sets of speakers), and this 'zone 2' setup is a nightmare, so I bought a bargain priced 2 channel Insignia with real two sets of speakers capability.

Onkyo supposed to go to my son's basement system, but he seems in no hurry to get it going. I should sell it, it's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_%26_In_the_Way