Paradigm or JL subwoofer

I am making changes to my 5.1.4 system. I use it for home theater and listening to music.
I have a Paradigm SW 1000 Prestige sub. It was suggested to me that if I am upgrading my system I should have two subs. I listened to two JL Fathom f112v2 subs. The sound was great. They would cost probably $9000. As I already have the Paradigm SW1000 sub, I am thinking of just adding another one for $3000 and saving $6000 that I could use for better electronics such as a Lumin T2 streamer. Would two Paradigm 12 inch subs be a major drop-off in sound quality compared to the JL's. Thanks

galleybob
Sorry. In hindsight (actually more a senior moment) I read your concerns as more musical rather than for home theater. My personal taste for HT low frequency reinforcement are quite different than for music.
Crawl tested location of a single sub is sufficient for my HT taste.

In our short time comparing a JL Audio F 113 with D.R.O. it’s performance did improve using the early Velodyne Room Optimization and was every bit as potent as the larger DD-18 easily translating to HT use.

If your confident of your Anthem processing JL Audio’s E Series is a more economical choice in the JL line that will preform well beyond its size.
I believe you can drive the E110/112 using low level RCA, post EQ from your Paradigm controlling both units.

After more than twelve years I too am considering upgrading my digital front end: 2011 Mac Mini WiFi -> Squeezebox COAX -> Metrum NOS Mini DAC.
Considering a new Mac Mini, Benchmark 3B or the Innuos Zen Mini MkIII?
Totally baffled...

Enjoy
m-db good luck with your upgrades. I decided on a second Paradigm sub, along with a Anthem 325 amp to go with my 1120 receiver, I am going to replace my ceiling speakers and add two more for a 7.2.2 system. I am now researching music streamers, I have a Bluesound node2i that I want to replace with something better. I am looking into a crossover for my subs as well
Someone made a comment on Paradigm speakers have poor resale value.  In the US that may be true.  Paradigm isn’t a big name in the US.  In Canada however, where Paradigm is made, resale is better than most.  As they become more well known in the states, their resale value should increase. I believe the Persona line of Paradigm speakers are pure quality, beautiful and great sound.  Listen to them before you decide.
I already have Paradigm 85F's, 55C and 2 Surround 3 speakers. I am planning on selling the Surround 3's and buying Paradigm ceiling speakers to replace my Atmos and surround speakers. I also have a Paradigm sub
JL makes quite possibly the least reliable sub woofers on the planet.  I used to love them until I realized how unreliable they are and watched their retail price climb over the years with zero advancements.  They seem to just not care about their home audio division at all.  

Paradigm on the other hand makes some of the most reliable subs, with the best room correction available on any sub.  Comparing ARC Genesis to the DARO on a Fathom is insulting.

Go Paradigm and don't look back.  

@m-db The paradigm margin is LESS than the JL Audio.  I have seen the price books.  Don't be ignorant.