Paradigm or JL subwoofer

I am making changes to my 5.1.4 system. I use it for home theater and listening to music.
I have a Paradigm SW 1000 Prestige sub. It was suggested to me that if I am upgrading my system I should have two subs. I listened to two JL Fathom f112v2 subs. The sound was great. They would cost probably $9000. As I already have the Paradigm SW1000 sub, I am thinking of just adding another one for $3000 and saving $6000 that I could use for better electronics such as a Lumin T2 streamer. Would two Paradigm 12 inch subs be a major drop-off in sound quality compared to the JL's. Thanks

galleybob
Someone made a comment on Paradigm speakers have poor resale value.  In the US that may be true.  Paradigm isn’t a big name in the US.  In Canada however, where Paradigm is made, resale is better than most.  As they become more well known in the states, their resale value should increase. I believe the Persona line of Paradigm speakers are pure quality, beautiful and great sound.  Listen to them before you decide.
I already have Paradigm 85F's, 55C and 2 Surround 3 speakers. I am planning on selling the Surround 3's and buying Paradigm ceiling speakers to replace my Atmos and surround speakers. I also have a Paradigm sub
JL makes quite possibly the least reliable sub woofers on the planet.  I used to love them until I realized how unreliable they are and watched their retail price climb over the years with zero advancements.  They seem to just not care about their home audio division at all.  

Paradigm on the other hand makes some of the most reliable subs, with the best room correction available on any sub.  Comparing ARC Genesis to the DARO on a Fathom is insulting.

Go Paradigm and don't look back.  

@m-db The paradigm margin is LESS than the JL Audio.  I have seen the price books.  Don't be ignorant.
Sorry this is not one of the 2 brands that you mentioned but I have been very happy with my GSG Devastator. It has a 21” lavoce driver in a semi horn loaded box.  It’s big but we use it near field as a coffee table. There are 2 versions. The home theatre tuning and the music tuned one.  I bought the music tuned one and it’s very effective down to 27hz. The HT version goes lower. It’s a passive sub and the diy flat pack and driver will run around 1500 with shipping. Then you get to build it and find an amplifier. I’m using a behringer DSP amp and am happy with its performance for under 2k all in.  It will pressure up my 20x20 room more than I can use. It can get almost uncomfortable.  I used an SVS PB16 ultra prior to it and it was a huge huge difference.  

Hi Bob,

07-06-2021 8:40pm

I am looking into a crossover for my subs as well

I might be missing the idea of what you are trying to accomplish but, you seem to be confused about crossovers. You do not need a crossover for your subs. The crossover I believe you think you might need is already built into your receiver. The next paragraph is copied from page 19 of the Anthem 1120 users manual.

3.2 BASS MANAGEMENT

In this menu, information about your speakers is used so that bass does not become distorted. If using Anthem Room Correction, these items will be set during measurement, so you may skip this menu.

If your subwoofer has a crossover, it should be bypassed – set its frequency control to the highest frequency.

The bass manager is a crossover that divides audio in two frequency bands suitable for subwoofer/satellite speaker systems. The result is a lower bass level for satellite speakers, and no midrange/treble going to the subwoofer.

I hope this helps.