BEWARE OF FRAUD with this member

FRAUD ALERT!
I recently sold a Mytek Liberty DAC to this user.

Buyer: locmao003
503-583-1266
[email protected]

In the Audiogon Selling portal they listed their shipping address as a US Oregon address.
I shipped the item to this address. 
Paypal payment made to my account.
USPS Insured shipment, with delivery confirmation.
Delivery confirmed on June 11, 2021 by USPS.
I got an email, from a DIFFERENT email address stating they received the item.

Next, I got a dispute from Paypal saying the buyer never received the item.
The buyer listed their address as VIETNAM! Not Oregon.
I NEVER sell or ship overseas and would not have accepted this purchase if that was disclosed.
Paypal has approved the claim, and took my $500 payment back. I am left without the original DAC or payment.

BEWARE of this Buyer!
128x128thegm
I would press Paypal. I think you have a decent case - they shouldn’t be so quick to refund the money especially since you have proof of mailing the item.  

I would contact the FTC. If no one makes them aware of these scams they can't fix it.
Get rid of PayPal also, they cost myself and many others a
lot Of $$ . PayPal represent the buyer 95% of the time not the seller !!  Use stripe .
Did you use PayPal to get the shipping label and pay through them?  I always do that. PayPal creates so they know what address you shipped to.  
I hate it when crooks take advantage of a tight knit group of people who are used to dealing with honest members. I used to work with a banker who traded in metals, coins, stamps and the like as collateral for loans. 

It was common, back then, to seal a deal with a simple handshake. Everyone knew everyone in the business and some transactions at that level were in the millions. I was able to handle and view some of the finest coin collections in the world, not to mention Jerry Buss's personal stamp collection that he leveraged to get Wayne Gretzky. 

And all it took was a phone call, a fax, and the deal went on without a hitch. Contracts were mostly boilerplate (always in the banks favor). I miss those times just for the honesty. 

All the best,
Nonoise