Home Theater Bypass , why am I hearing this now.

I have a Home Theater and when I upgraded my Onkyo to a Marantz it was a true Upgrade I was impressed, anyway like any other hobby I wanted to make improvements on top of what I just gained. The more I read the more I realize AVR HT receivers will never get you a tru HIFI experience because of the processing that takes place and a dedicated 2 ch is the only way to go ask Millercarbon he will surly be all over this one. I only have one room in my house that doubles as a home theater and listening room. I was ready to pick up a Prisma NP5 streamer (to move to my rack and network ) and a Denafrips ares Dac thinking I would get an upgrade to my source that is Tidal over my phone over the air currently( anything is better than this method). Im wondering if its a waste of time and money since I plan on using it with my AVR, then I stumbled onto guys talking about HT bypass for this reason. I haven't read or herd HT bypass yet on this Forum and wanted to know what you all thought, at some point i wanted to get a 8k marantz Processor and dedicated Amp but before I drop $7k I want to make sure I figure out this HT bypass because I want better High Rez audio from my HT system. 
ngiordano
By coloration , I included the averadge quality electrical isolation and vibration control of a HT processor compared to highend integrated amplifier or preamp with HT bypass.
Ah okay. In my mind, "coloration" is a purposeful design of an audio circuit that causes a certain type of behavior or sound. This can be described as audio equipment that is purposely engineered to sound laid back or tube like or boomy or sharp or textured or lush or warm (etc., etc.). The entire 2-channel industry is geared towards many of these direction.

I think what you are talking about is compromises in the electrical parts of a HT Processor, and there are several. Pretty much most of these have to do with power supply type and design. There is a large amount of HT Processors that will use linear power supply for analog stage, but will still use a small switching power supply for digital sections (including DAC). This causes problems such as power supply jitter and lack of current that impacts sound quality. Many processors such as Onkyo / Marantz use switching power for digital sections. This is seen even on high end processors, such as Lyngdorf MP50 which uses switching power supply for everthying. The seriously expensive Trinnov Altitude also use switching power supplies (it’s essentially a computer motherboard), but they -might- use a linear power supply for audio.

One reason I like Krell processors is that they use linear power supply stages for everything (including digital). I think McIntosh processors use linear for everything as well.

The Bryston SP3 uses linear power for everything, but I think this is one of those where design of the circuit impacts sound result. Don’t get me wrong, this processor sounds very good. However, it has one big honking main power supply for analog, but then all those discrete analog circuits do not have any local power supply filter caps. This combined with what I think is a very high bias Class A analog circuit results in a sound that has probably the strongest and fullest bass I have ever heard from a processor. However, the upper mids and high lack speed and impact and it makes this seem like a very laid back sound. I just never was happy with this one (it also had an effect like I wanted to keep turning up the volume but the impact never got there).
Trying to set up one system for movies and music is difficult at best because of the tradeoffs involved but it can be very good if done well but for music a strictly two channel system with two channel components will always win the sound prize.
I just went through this. But I had processor and amps.  I added streaming DAC and Parasound p7 which has pass through. I get a big improvement for two channel listening. Well worth it. In your case go with integrated amp that is Roon comparable and had good DACs. You won’t look back. 
Any decent AVR should have a stereo direct option so processing is removed for critical listening.

Two limiting factors are manufacturers cram too much electronics into their cases without any consideration of how EMI can ruin sound quality and they use mediocre DACs. After all, x number of channels require x number of DACs, so cost is a consideration and space a concern.

The forthcoming Anthem AVM-90 uses audiophile DACs so it will be interesting to see what improvement it makes.

So would your turntable, streamer, etc. be connected to the integrated instead of the AVR?