This is the list of the best makers of audio equipment. Respond if you disagree

Receiver: Sansui, or Marantz, or maybe Yamaha
Turntable/RP: Bang and Olufsen or Technics
Cassette deck: Nakamichi. No one comes close.

leemurray2007
The all time great audio "brands" are either now non-existent or the brand names have been bought, and off-shore companys are selling their gear under a false flag, false in the sense that a Marantz is no kin to "Marantz" of historical importance. McIntosh may be one exception, and I am sure there are a very few others, like maybe KEF and Technics.  Was that your point in starting this pointless thread?
Cassettes. You cannot be serious. If you're into tape get something with a decent speed. Ditch the compact toys and get a reel to reel deck.

Cassettes run at 1.875" per second.  Reel to reel runs at 7.5" per second or 15" per second, which is the professional standard.
"Sorry, we were supposed to post if we disagreed...

I disagree."

That's what I thought too perkri. I guess he didn't mean it.

I still have my nakamichi dragon deck in my system. Does it sound “great” no does it sound really good hell yes. I used it to record live radio broadcasts of concerts. Summerfest in Milwaukee would broadcast the main act every night. I have some great shows that you can’t get anywhere. Back in the 80’s audition cassettes were sent out from artistic as a cheap and easy process to market them selfs. I have an original Yngwie  Malmsteen demo tape from before anyone had heard of him. I still listen to it today. 
@oldhyvmec,
“Brands I like and 
THINGS I like

Mcintosh
Thoren
Russco, QRK, Sparta, Fairchild
Otari
Cary Audio
Decware
Sony CD/SDAC
VMPS speakers
MY speakers
MY subs
MY Bass Bins
MY MB Columns
My Cabinets
Your MONEY...
Farm Girl (55 years old)”

I’ll take 2- 27 year old farm girls instead of the 55yo one:-)