Raven Audio Nighthawk

So the scuttlbutt on the Raven integrated amps is pretty good. But just how good are they? Are they good when compared to other comparably priced tube integrateds? Or are they better than some heavy hitters?

I currently have a NOSvalves ST-45 amp paired with a Don Sachs Model 2 (latest version) preamp and I am extremely happy with this pairing. With that said, I guess there is nothing really that I'm looking to improve. But since we all know how this game goes, I just wonder how much better (or not) the Blackhawk III would be. Consolidating two pieces down to one chasis is an attractive idea too.

I would love to hear from you if you own a Nighthawk or Blackhawk or have auditioned one against something else. I know they offer a 45 day trial period, but from my calculations if I don't like it it will cost me close to 400.00 out of pocket once the dust settles. So I'd like to go into this with a warm fuzzy that it's pretty darn good.

Oz

128x128ozzy62
@ozzy62,
When I see "idiot orange man" in a post I just smile and think about our new "leader of the free world". Embarrassing is too kind a word.

Oz, Very well said. Lets stay on topic regarding Raven Audio.  We all recognize the deep political divide in this country.
 I was really looking forward to the  Osprey versus your seperates tube components . But I understand and respect your decision.
Charles 
I have dealt with James in the past and found him to be very helpful, knowledgable, and responsive. My guess is he is struggling to keep pace with the growing demands of the business and can use an extra hand or two. By the way, this episode has really increased my respect and admiration for companies like Pass Labs who go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied. And you don’t have to call Nelson every time to escalate your concerns ;)

Given the onslaught of chifi products, it is easy to see how difficult it is to build and sell products in the USA. You obviously cannot undercut them on price, so your only option is to make a very high quality, reliable product and provide excellent customer service, pre and post sales, to retain their business. I think Raven would do well to get some help for James instead of publicly shaming an ex-customer for sharing his experience. Sorry but that was uncalled for.
What is so embarrassing exactly? Trying to represent all people like you signed up to do and the job requires? Trying to do the right thing knowing you won’t please everybody? Being respectful to others and their differing views and perspectives? Not being "perfect"? Leveraging science and expertise of others properly to try and solve big problems and make people's lives better? Not being a know-it-all? A 60%+ approval rating?
This is the exact reason to make sure your product is tested in various system especially 100db systems where you can hear tube noise, static, hum, noise, etc., and fix it before you ship a product out.  Last thing you want it to have people complaining about your product no matter how good it may be.  Noise can be fixed cheaply if yuo know what you are doing.