Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Not a bad idea dave_b. I would never buy a Townshend product for the same reason I would never buy a Walker product. Their marketing is insulting and most of their products are totally worthless if used as directed. Adding supertweeters to loudspeakers is a matter of taste not accuracy. These tweeters run down to 6 kHz and will be very audible. This might make some people think they are getting more detail but what they are really getting is a brighter more confused treble. Unless you can get the super tweeter within 1/2" of the tweeter in the loudspeaker they will be perceived as two separate drivers. Can you tell if there is only one trumpet playing vs two? You want the speaker to speak in one voice. You will notice that in line source speakers using dynamic drivers like Bob Carver's Ultimate Line Source the tweeters are stacked in a line very close together. In this way the are forming a single line source. With an add on tweeter you will always hear it as a separate source and it will always sound...artificial. Experiments we did way back with Decca ribbon tweeters bore this out and we stopped selling them as add-ons. 
roxy54-
However, 3 weeks ago, I finally bought a set of the Townshend ribbon supertweeters, and I have to say that they are as good as I had heard that they are. 
Always good to hear from experienced audiophiles who actually listen and know what they're talking about. Thanks!
Dear @mijostyn @cliff12 : Both of you are rigth and Mijos I don’t know if millercarbon is reffering in his post to you, me or some one else but if he reffered to you then he is wrong for say the least.

"" The low frequency -3dB point of the first order crossover is set at 20Khz ""

that’s came from Townshend site and been a first order crossover is the main culprit of what you posted about that 6khz frequiency response but as critical of that fact is that that supertweeter can’t be at the rigth distance from the speaker tweeter.
Something to take in count too is that the ribbon driver design in the ST has a way different frequency dispersion than horns.

But it’s useless for both of you posting in this thread when it’s surrounded by some pseudo MUSIC lovers and pseudo audiophiles that unfortunatelly have very low knowledge levels. At least it’s what they showed and follow showing.

Go figure that at the other frequency extreme ( bass range ) is a Rel sub working ( in the wrong way. ) from around 30hz so the 60hz harmonics is listening at the same time that 60hz main speaker frequencies ! ! !

Unfortumnatelly too that some are swiming in the stupidity sea and for what I can see never will go out of that sea.

R.
Anyway...the BAT BK 80i arrived 🤗
I installed it 👍
I turned it on 😁
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 😳

Yeah, I don’t do hum...it will be going back!

You really shouldn't talk about ignorance Raul. Don't look down on others thinking that their opinions and experience are of less value than yours. And while your holding yourself in such high regard, at least learn to spell so that we down here can understand your proclamations.
And by the way, even Townshend says that supertweeter placement on top of the speakers is fine.