Looking for a DAC under 2k

I'm using a Small Green Computer Optical Rendu to bring usb to a DAC.
Looking for a new DAC around 2k new or used.

Recently, I had a Border Patrol Se-i which sounded beautiful with a great soundstage and a relaxed sound. Unfortunately, dynamics and bass definition were weak.

Next up, I tried the ifi Pro iDSD. Detailed and clean, but lots and lots of settings to play with. Became noisy after a couple hours and eventually stopped putting out sound and went silent. Can't deal with that kind of poor quality, but really would have prefer a little warmer sound.

I borrowed my Chord Qutest from my headphone system. Very good with my tube headphone system, and not bad on the speaker system, but would like something a bit more analog sounding, like a Border Patrol with dynamic punch and clearly defined, not muddy bass.

TIA, for suggestions.

traudio
A bit more analog sounding, under $2k, I recommend checking out the Doge 7 DAC. Has a fully balanced, beefy tube output stage. Really fantastic value for the money, outperformed the PS Audio PerfectWave that it replaced.
Another Audio Mirror vote.  Love mine and it's beaten a number of competitors in my system (ifi iDSD pro, Matrix X-Sabre Pro, Shiit Bifrost 2, Lampizator Amber 3, PS Audio Directstream DAC, & Holo Audio May KTE).
I stand corrected. Thanks learning is fun

Difference between Discrete Circuits and Integrated Circuits. A discrete circuit is constructed of components which are manufactured separately. Later, these components are connected together by using conducted wires on a circuit board or a printed circuit board.

According to the above definition a discrete chip can't exist. What do you call a chip made of of individual micro resistors?

The Ayre Codex is a worthy option. A Colorado based company that offers excellent support and service if needed. For under $2K it's a great DAC.

https://www.ayre.com/products/digital/codex/
Here is a very interesting review of Pegasus DAC with comparison to other DACs including Chord Qutest:
https://headfonics.com/musician-audio-pegasus-r2r-dac-review/2/#:~:text=The%20R2R%20of%20the%20Pegas....
I think the other system components are very important for choosing DAC.
The quality of transport or music server is very important.
I use a tube SET 300B amplifier. So in my system Qutest newer sounds bright or "digital".