Looking for a DAC under 2k

I'm using a Small Green Computer Optical Rendu to bring usb to a DAC.
Looking for a new DAC around 2k new or used.

Recently, I had a Border Patrol Se-i which sounded beautiful with a great soundstage and a relaxed sound. Unfortunately, dynamics and bass definition were weak.

Next up, I tried the ifi Pro iDSD. Detailed and clean, but lots and lots of settings to play with. Became noisy after a couple hours and eventually stopped putting out sound and went silent. Can't deal with that kind of poor quality, but really would have prefer a little warmer sound.

I borrowed my Chord Qutest from my headphone system. Very good with my tube headphone system, and not bad on the speaker system, but would like something a bit more analog sounding, like a Border Patrol with dynamic punch and clearly defined, not muddy bass.

TIA, for suggestions.

traudio
Okto Dac8 stereo if you want to wait up to 16 weeks for delivery. Really amazing dac for $1500, plays well above it's weight.
A bit more analog sounding, under $2k, I recommend checking out the Doge 7 DAC. Has a fully balanced, beefy tube output stage. Really fantastic value for the money, outperformed the PS Audio PerfectWave that it replaced.
Another Audio Mirror vote.  Love mine and it's beaten a number of competitors in my system (ifi iDSD pro, Matrix X-Sabre Pro, Shiit Bifrost 2, Lampizator Amber 3, PS Audio Directstream DAC, & Holo Audio May KTE).
I stand corrected. Thanks learning is fun

Difference between Discrete Circuits and Integrated Circuits. A discrete circuit is constructed of components which are manufactured separately. Later, these components are connected together by using conducted wires on a circuit board or a printed circuit board.

According to the above definition a discrete chip can't exist. What do you call a chip made of of individual micro resistors?

The Ayre Codex is a worthy option. A Colorado based company that offers excellent support and service if needed. For under $2K it's a great DAC.

https://www.ayre.com/products/digital/codex/