Something about Thiel CS 3.7

Hello Guys,
I own since ten years the Thiel CS 2.4 (not SE) and I'm still happy with them but someone offered me the Thiel CS 3.7 as change with some added money.
Theorically should be an improvment respect my 2.4 expecially regarding the easyest load .. my 2.4 run with Primare A32 solid state amp.. that does a good job on them.
The 3.7 reading specs has 90db efficiency and 4 ohm load with a minimum around 2.3ohm while my 2.4 87db same 4 ohm load but a deep around 1.2 ohm .. not easy for amps.
Someone here tried both? .. and what do you think about?
Thanks in advance for your reply!
Regards,
Curio
128x128curio
Look at my Virtual System photos to see a 3.7 in a small room. It sounds perfect but I had to use DSP via Convolution files and also acoustic panels. Well worth the effort for me.

I even replaced both COAX drivers with and new ones. The bass drivers were recently replaced by the prior owner. Very easy to do this and this was the first time I ever did anything like that. So I feel like I have a brand new speaker.

A former Thiel service tech has all the old Thiel parts and is an amazing help in getting the Thiels to work perfectly.
I am testing the CS3.7 at the moment with the following 3 amps.

1) Krell K-300i integrated + Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE DAC
2) Benchmark DAC3B | HPA4 | 2 x AHB2
3) CODA CSiB + Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE DAC

One of the Krell or CODA will sadly depart (I think). The Benchmark stack is not going anywhere.

@georgehifi. You should see how ugly mine look with my custom paint job. My wife is not a fan of the looks.
  1. strongly agree, seek out the recommended Thiel thread. Rob at coherentsource has what parts he has, would be good to touch base with him on what he has for both. Some parts are now sadly unobtainable. There are a wealth of friendly folks on that thread.
  2. best to you
I agree with Dweller.....they are excellent speakers and deserve the best input you can provide.