Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7
I LIKE HORN SPEAKERS... HU, WHAT... I SAID, I REALLY LIKE HORN SPEAKERS!  Thought this discussion could use a bit of levity... and actually I do like "some" horn speakers fed SET power.
@whipsaw
Setting aside your absurd claim that you are "reporting the truth", a claim that has been demolished by Johnson’s detailed recounting of your behavior, your responses on this thread have one, deeply ironic thing in common: dishonesty.
There is no evidence that Johnsons account is actually true. Has that occurred to you? Do you realize how biased you are by simply taking his word for it while rejecting mine? Especially now that there is plenty of evidence which goes against his credibility based on how he treated other customers?
The original poster’s claim, and my objection to it, were about the EUROPA, yet you reference two entirely different models, which are obviously irrelevant.
That is not true. They all use the same nasty cheap woofers and they all use the same simple and again cheap crossovers. They all use the same nasty cabinets that is another reason they sound the way they do. All the green mountains have the same coloration to them which is why someone posted a thread on here asking which green mountain speakers was the warmest sounding. This implies they are all cold. I would agree. They are cold, bright, harsh and fatiguing. Pick whatever word you want to describe it but in the end its one reason green mountain could never succeed as a company. There are some people like you who cant hear problems like this and are able to tolerate bad sound. That was the target audience for green mountain audio, hence their lack of success. They were also unreasonably expensive considering the cheap parts they used whereas competitors used much more costly parts. A minority of audiophiles like you are more easily duped than others which is again why green mountain enjoyed limited success but nothing more.
The green mountain speakers were poorly designed. That is why they sounded bright and harsh. They had no baffle step, poor bass extension and they had a lot of diffraction due to the irregular shaped cabinet and the tweeters were being overdriven as the slopes were too shallow. A 4th order slope would have fixed this but Johnson was reluctant to do so because he was a proponent of so called time coherent sound. Even though this has never been proven to be audible let alone important, he prioritized this at the expense of all the other factors which are far more important and certainly audible. The Rios suffered from tonal problems which was reported by the reviewers and corroborated by me and others. But Johnson was very defensive when it came to being criticized. Unfortunately this is another reason the company could not succeed as he was stubborn and resistant to criticism. I have seen a number of his speakers crop up on ebay and the like being sold for a fraction of the original price as most owners simply cannot live with a speaker that sounds so bad. Green mountain Audio never enjoyed big success and now that they’ve gone, they will be forgotten forever, (except for the fanatics and eccentrics.)
I totally agree I find most Wilson's bright anywhere that I've heard them.
Why is this forum such a magnet to controversy?

Humans mean-mouthing humans over stereos, really? It’s a stereo. You’d insult and fight with someone over a stereo?

What a charmed life some of you must live for this forum to be place you feel you need to draw a line in the sand. 

It’s not cool, it’s as broke as a joke.
There is no evidence that Johnsons account is actually true. Has that occurred to you? Do you realize how biased you are by simply taking his word for it while rejecting mine? 
I almost feel sorry for you, as you flail around desperately, attempting to defend your repeated, dishonest claims.

No evidence? Roy had emails and correspondences with you, AMEX and Paypal. There is ZERO chance that he was making those claims up, and, in fact, you did not dispute them. Anyone reading that thread, and Roy's compelling recapitulation of your disgraceful behavior, would believe his account. He also had your subsequent, unfounded attacks on the forum deleted, which further underscores your pathetic bias.

I'm not going to waste readers' time further by addressing your wildly hyperbolic claims about GMA speakers, as they absolutely REEK of bias, which is plain for everyone to see.