Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7
I totally agree I find most Wilson's bright anywhere that I've heard them.
Why is this forum such a magnet to controversy?

Humans mean-mouthing humans over stereos, really? It’s a stereo. You’d insult and fight with someone over a stereo?

What a charmed life some of you must live for this forum to be place you feel you need to draw a line in the sand. 

It’s not cool, it’s as broke as a joke.
There is no evidence that Johnsons account is actually true. Has that occurred to you? Do you realize how biased you are by simply taking his word for it while rejecting mine? 
I almost feel sorry for you, as you flail around desperately, attempting to defend your repeated, dishonest claims.

No evidence? Roy had emails and correspondences with you, AMEX and Paypal. There is ZERO chance that he was making those claims up, and, in fact, you did not dispute them. Anyone reading that thread, and Roy's compelling recapitulation of your disgraceful behavior, would believe his account. He also had your subsequent, unfounded attacks on the forum deleted, which further underscores your pathetic bias.

I'm not going to waste readers' time further by addressing your wildly hyperbolic claims about GMA speakers, as they absolutely REEK of bias, which is plain for everyone to see. 

Incredible what human hearing perception is, some of the speakers in this thread are loved by so many and hated by others. This basically proves the other factors at play, source, room, amplification and such could potentially be more important than the actual speaker. For my next speaker I’m going to buy a house and build a listening room then I will care about the other factors, maybe next life.

OP interesting thread but don’t know about its relevance.

Here is my take.

I demoed Golden Ear Tritons at a dealer, listening to Tommy, very disappointing, sterile.

The Paradigms Persona some of you don’t like (which I do respect) I listened to RMAF 2018 and IMO these were easily top 6 at that show, I know shows are not a good place to actually expect much for a speaker.
The Klipsch Palladiums I still own them on secondary system and I love their sound.
I’m not fond of the ML sound, never like them although the looks are incredible.

Harbeth listened to them where was it? RMAF 18 I think, Vinnie Rossi was there with his LIO
I expected more from the Harbeth, left unimpressed

Axpona 19 Vinnie had his Stilettos, I think the sound was better than with Harbeths the previous year.

The best sounding speaker (to me) at RMAF 18 I purchased, AudioKinesis Azels, loved the sound and still do.

Of course it is all subjective, I don’t have golden ears, I’m in some digital forums and I follow and do changes on my system like Ethernet cables and such and can’t hear a difference, many others ramble about how different their systems sound.

Everything is subjective

My 2c

Edit: Before I forget +1 Hilde45, the Moabs so disappointing😉Joking aside I heard the Impacts at RMAF 18 and I did liked the sound, they were orange I think or red, not my fav looks and my wife hated the looks and pulled me away immediately, I know, who in his right mind goes with the wife to an audio show?
Also anything that paradigm persona line that beryllium midrange and Tweeter are very bright.