Perfect Path "Solutions" (PPS) eMat

Does anyone know the intricate details of how these most current PPS eMats differ, aside by appearance, from the previous two generations of PPT eMat & eMat+?.any insight will be greatly appreciated...

Thanx! Mooncrikit
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmooncrikit
mapman
... the moral of the story is people should spend thousands of dollars on things that nobody can explain ...
Not at all. Everyone is free to spend their money however they please and - given that this is a hobbyist’s audio forum - should be free to do so without enduring insult and attacks from others. Of course, some seem to come here specifically so that they can insult and attack.

Here’s my take on the PPS eMat:
1. I’ve never tried it
2. I have no plans to try it anytime soon
3. I refrain from criticizing those who have experimented with the product.

It’s so simple!

millercarbon ...

• "I know it. You know it. I know that you know it. Pity some of these so-called audiophiles can’t get that. Question is, the one in particular, are you really so sure he would even know it when he hears it? Would he even hear it? I don’t think so."

Good point, Miller. Most likely, he wouldn’t know what to listen FOR. Or, his preconceived notions would skew his brain into convincing him that the sound is mediocre. (it’s that glass tabletop, don’t-cha know).

audio2design ...

No front wall reflection control
- No first reflection control
- The reflections off the glass table
- The reflective equipment between the speakers
- The lack of symmetry due to the windows on one side, and the wall/records on the other side
- The blinds (that will rattle)
- The reflective pictures on the wall
- The reflective (curio/china cabinet?) in one corner behind the speakers, but not the other

And again, you assume way too much.

1. Reflections are taken care of by the Hallographs. There are the two you can see in the corners behind the speakers, but there are two more behind the listening position. I can assure you that they are very effective. In addition to the Hollographs, there are Tube Traps behind the listening position. Then, there are the SR HFTs placed around the room. Oh, and the glass tabletop is removed for listening sessions.

2. All reflective glass surfaces like the pictures you mentioned have their own tweak in place, which I will not mention at this point. (secret stuff ya know) Mahgister would approve :-) . Same with the "rattling" blinds and the curio cabinet.

3. Those older speakers you mention are like most Legacy speakers. They perform way beyond their price point. And the best part? They have continued to keep up with every improvement I’ve made to the system. I don’t know what Legacy did in building these speakers, but when it comes to the Signature IIIs and the older Legacy Focus speakers, they got the darned things right. Imagine a pair of Harbeth 40.2s but with better bass and better highs. That is what these Legacys are doing at this point. Tonally amazing like the Harbeths too.

4. You mentioned the need for a center channel in a theater system. I used to work for an ultra-high-end audio/video dealer. When I say "ultra-high-end," that is exactly what it was. Two elaborate separate rooms, one for video, one for audio. The video room used all Goldmund electronics and the big Goldmund speakers. The performance was spectacular. Guess what? There was NO center channel. We found that it messed up the natural imaging presentation. We used to talk customers out of buying a center channel speaker. Not only did they save money, but they got better sound.

And in the audio room ... we used the best electronics and speakers money could buy. Compared with what I’m getting at home using all of the PPT tweaks, and everything else I’ve done, yes ... the soundstage was bigger, it played louder, and was impressive in all ways. HOWEVER, when it comes to intimate realism, in a much smaller room, I’ve got it beat hands down.

• " And no, I don’t need to "hear" this system to know what a mess it will be."
Now right there is the problem with you and your ilk. Your type does a lot of assuming. What magic powers do you possess that allows you to know what something sounds like without hearing it? Do you have X-Men superpowers? I suppose you have super strength and X-ray vision as well? Nah ... super arrogance is your forte.

6. The invitation still stands.

Frank
Here is my take on the eMat.  I have a fairly nice system, have what I consider decent but not extravagant anything, nice enough speaker cables, interconnects and aftermarket power cables.  I can hear changes when made to my system easy enough. Other than that just mentioned I have never purchased one tweak.  I happened to obtain a few eMats free from a friend.  So no skin in the game one way or the other.

I put the mats in the cover of my electric panel and on or under all major components (not speakers).  I also made one other minor change to my system I cannot remember.  I have to say that at the time I noticed a nice identifiable improvement in the sound of my system.  But because of the other non eMat related change there is always that question in my mind how much improvement there would have been without it.  Personally I attribute it all to the eMats but truly have no idea how.
@cleeds

I don’t disagree people are free to do what they want but that has nothing to do with my comment. Some things they may choose to do are better than others. I welcome any and all responses that take the discussion in a useful direction. Meanwhile I had my say.
I think people with less elaborate systems are constantly looking for inexpensive ways to improve their systems and fall pray to marketing hype.
It is the old science vs religion conundrum. So, keep up the good fight. It is a lot of fun watching them squiggle around the facts. They can not get their heads around the fact that some of us do not have to hear an item personally to know it does not work. Guys, it is just knowledge and experience. It is very easy to take advantage of those that have neither.
Well said, @mijostyn