Stereo Times list of the " 2020 MOST WANTED COMPONENTS"

Stereo Times (v2.stereotimes.com) has just posted its annual list of the MOST WANTED gear for 2020. I believe that you GON members would find it an interesting and informative read.
teajay
At least they got the Puritan recommendation right.

There's more enthusiasm about the 136 and 156 over on Audio Circle, if anyone's interested,
It appears to me the reviewers had to choose a single product they reviewed that most impressed them.  I know Greg and I were in serious discussions of him purchasing the review pair of Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2, so at least in that case it was not just trying to catch eyeballs.  If it were not for the uncertainty COVID brought to the world, he likely would have purchased them.

I imagine the same can be said of many of the products listed.
It's a. welcome sight to see that ADD-Powr got a recommendation.
To my ears, it is indeed setting a new reference in accessories of all stripes - not just tweaks.
This technology is serious business - a well needed disruption to high-end audio as well as pro audio as well as consumer audio as well as...

Congratulations Bill !
Just got the 2018 version of the CODA CSib setup and running.

I am assuming the amp is burned in though it was not used for 7 months by the previous owner. The spec are 150 @ 8 | 300 @ 4 and first 18 watt in Class A (so Version 1 of the CSiB).

The instruction manual does not match the model I have. Mine has sub woofer outputs while the manual only has 1 speaker output. So my unit is a newer version than in the manual. It is not the same level as the current 2021 versions that have the #8 circuitry (I spoke with Doug Dale).

How does it sound. My reference is an all-Benchmark stack connected to my Thiel CS 3.7 (very power hungry). I only have 1 AHB2 amp (another one arrives tomorrow). I need to turn to about 80% of my volume with my ROON Convolution files enabled with the AHB2 for about 65dB of sound. So my amp is stressed. The sound of the Benchmark stack is super clear, quiet, and you have a in the studio experience with this gear.

The CODA is at 58% for about 65dB with the Convolution enabled. So the amp is exerting less effort for the same volume level. The sound is not as clear as my Benchmark stack (nothing is). However, it is not syrupy or warmish like my old Parasound or BAT gear. It is also not hard on top like my old Bryston ST and SST variants. It seems like a great blend of the warm gear I had with the power of the Brystons. I think I will like this integrated a lot.

The CSiB is destined for my KEF LS50’s and also the RAAL SR1a headphone (no kidding). I actually bought this for the RAAL only but managed to figure out a space to get the LS50s setup again. I have not heard the RAAL with the amp, later tonight.

I am going to get the Yamaha NS5000 (replace the KEF LS50) in the future and this amp seems like a perfect match. Very happy with this sound. That CODA #8 and #16 must be special if it is much better than what I am hearing now.

This may not make sense to most of you but I have 2 DSP convolution files for ROON. The one I am currently using has a slight bass bump at 100 Hz for my AHB2 amp. The second convolution is ruler flat in that region. When I tested the AHB2 in mono (with much more power) I had to switch to the ruler flat convolution because the bass bump was too much and giving me fatigue. With the CODA I am using the convolution with the bass bump and it is more bass than the single AHB2 but no so much that is is fatiguing. The bass bump version on the CODA is slightly less bass than the AHB2 in mono. The CODA is not giving me fatigue with the bass bump. I am not saying that is a good thing. I need to check this out further when the second AHB2 arrives. I tested the AHB2 in mono with a single speaker so that is my frame of reference for more bass.