Mistakes I’ve made

Lending out audio gear!

Loaned a turntable to a relative- he tossed it in the trash when he was done with it and switched to cd

Loaned a turntable to a friend- he has no idea what happened to it 

Loaned a receiver and cassette deck to a relative- he bought a mini system and threw out my gear 

Loaned another receiver to a friend- got smashed 

what “why did I do that” moments have you had? 
128x128zavato
Post removed 
I loaned kenjit a pair of speakers and when he gave them back he had drilled holes in the back to tune them to his liking.  Something about the back waves now being able to escape versus bouncing forward and commingling with the forward firing waves.  Way over my head.
*s* Observation & imho of all the above...

Don’t ’loan’ Anything out to Anyone with the expectation of return in the future.
If returned at all, if the item is anywhere close to the condition it left your hands, consider it an reason to consider oneself incredibly blessed beyond rational thought.

Here’s a concept one might consider:
Ask the ’lendee’ to provide an item of a relatively similar ’value’ to you (the ’lender’) to guarantee the treatment of your item.

If item returns trashed, feel free to sledgehammer the ’ransom’ in front of ’lendee’.

Yes, it is an extreme concept to consider. But recall the ’ye olde saw’ you’ve heard before:

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be."

The ’flip side’ of the laments expressed above?

"Hell is other humans." ;)

Hopefully Happy New Year, J