Audiophile demographics?

Why are there a disproportional number of male audiophiles?
Not sure if this is a silly question, but speaking for myself, I have never met a female audiophile.
I am sure they exist, but their scarcity begs the question as to why.
Is it merely that men have more of the "mine is bigger than yours" mentality, do men love gadgets and tools or is it something more sinister?
128x128tony1954
"Is it merely that men have more of the "mine is bigger than yours" mentality, do men love gadgets and tools" 

You answered your question. We're guys....that's how we are/do. Women aren't wired like this way. They could care less about details of audiophoolery. 
Another obstacle to our hobby is the general public's lack of interest and knowledge about HiFi gear in general!
@roberjerman - I don't think one example of nurture over nature is a sufficient sample to draw any conclusions.  I was very young when I first heard my uncle's JBL Paragon/Mac setup and I was fascinated from the getgo.  I think a similar thing has happened to many of us.  Some kids are fascinated by motorcycles, some by firearms and some couldn't care less.  Definitely appears like some inborn proclivities at work.  
@facten 

Unfortunately, I do not think there is actually anything nefarious going on.
It might be as simple as women being emotion driven, when it comes to music, so the fact that it doesn't "sound" perfect is irrelevant. They get what they need from the music itself.
@jjss49 

Much the same as going to see a rock band like Rush in concert. Guys are there for the musicianship as much as the music. Come to think of it. I don't know many women that are into jazz either. Except my ex-wife. She loves jazz, always had performance cars and loved high quality sound.