Conrad Johnson and Herron comparisons

I find very little when attempting to gauge qualitative, subjective view points, I'm sure there are those who've sampled preamps from both these quality houses - please share...
saika2
i recall you were having some trouble getting herron to do the upgrade from the prior version unit you had - did you eventually talk him into it, or you just bought a separate upgraded unit?

curious to know what is the nature of the upgrade to the rev 3 unit from the prior one, and whether you would say there is a real difference in sq between a and b...
CJ GAT is very special, if the other models take from it then they must be very good
@jjss49 Ive purchased a rev3, and plan to post my subjective views on the differences soon, complete with internal pics to show any internal differences (if any obvious ones can be noted). Ive sent a few emails to Mr Herron about the upgrade situation, and since that was a no go, I ended up buying an upgraded unit. I was quite happy with the un revised VTSP3a's sound, but curiosity and the upgrade itch got the better of me.
I plan to continue to listen to the units (whilst the one I have on sale is still in my hands) with a wide range of music, using vinyl and digital formats. I find comparisons easier with well mastered CD's. 
@saika2

got it! well just from my experience, in these linestages running several 6922 equivalents, like your herron (4 pcs) and my prem16ls2 (6 pcs), the quality and quietness of the tubes are paramount...

good luck have fun