Equipment purchase that made you want to get off the Merry Go Round (good or Bad)

So, I just auditioned another pair of speakers after reading the reviews and getting caught up in the hype. 
I won't name any specifics since I'd rather not start that type of debate.
Anyway, I was excited to get them but once I hooked them up ran them for a week my impression of the sound was these aren't for me. Nothing new here we have all done this a some point in our quest for great audio. 
However this time I had the strong feeling that I am staying put for a long while unless something breaks. 

Have you ever reach the conclusion that you are done for a while either because you maybe found the missing puzzle and achieved the sound you are looking for or in my case over-reached and bought something you didn't need falling prey to the hype of reviews,  
dougsat
In the same way I breakdown my stock portfolio I went back and ran a Financial plan on my quest for sound. Results were that I have made some good buy and some bad buys. Like stocks I move on from bad buys and hopefully learn from it. Trouble is there is always another Apple hopeful coming to market that we belly up to the hype from the analysts and can’t miss out on. This platform is just like stock analysts with recommendations and we take the bait. Then throw in new technologies and the game never ends.
I just did this...sold me Tekton moabs and 4-10 subs for sick deal on speakers I never thought I could afford. Mcintosh XRT30s...I was disappointed. So, sold those and I’m back in line waiting for my new Tekton’s. I’m done for a long while! Only bright side is that I actually made a little money. I’d still rather just go back in time and put it all back.
@raysmtb1 

Good luck with your return to the Tekton's.

As Joni Mitchell sang
" Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone"
I don't understand the post.

First you say the speakers you bought "aren't for you".

Then you say    "I am staying put for a long while unless something breaks."

So what does that mean? You are keeping the speakers you don't like? Or you are keeping your old speakers? 

Oz