Equipment purchase that made you want to get off the Merry Go Round (good or Bad)

So, I just auditioned another pair of speakers after reading the reviews and getting caught up in the hype. 
I won't name any specifics since I'd rather not start that type of debate.
Anyway, I was excited to get them but once I hooked them up ran them for a week my impression of the sound was these aren't for me. Nothing new here we have all done this a some point in our quest for great audio. 
However this time I had the strong feeling that I am staying put for a long while unless something breaks. 

Have you ever reach the conclusion that you are done for a while either because you maybe found the missing puzzle and achieved the sound you are looking for or in my case over-reached and bought something you didn't need falling prey to the hype of reviews,  
dougsat
I just did this...sold me Tekton moabs and 4-10 subs for sick deal on speakers I never thought I could afford. Mcintosh XRT30s...I was disappointed. So, sold those and I’m back in line waiting for my new Tekton’s. I’m done for a long while! Only bright side is that I actually made a little money. I’d still rather just go back in time and put it all back.
@raysmtb1 

Good luck with your return to the Tekton's.

As Joni Mitchell sang
" Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone"
I don't understand the post.

First you say the speakers you bought "aren't for you".

Then you say    "I am staying put for a long while unless something breaks."

So what does that mean? You are keeping the speakers you don't like? Or you are keeping your old speakers? 

Oz

I sold my speakers and bought my dream Speakers. I was disappointed in my dream speakers so I found somebody else that had the same dream and sold them to them. Now I am back in line waiting to buy the new speakers from the manufacture that I had originally